Animal Tamming?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Gonso, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonso

Gonso Avatar

I loved tamming... any knows if there will be possible on SOTA??

2. Valiant

Valiant Avatar

Yeah i want a dread mare with some new graphics to it too. Maybe a bake too please thanks.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I hate to say it but taming horses (unique or otherwise) is kinda dull. Befriending dragons or taiming a falcon? That would be more interesting to me.

4. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Animal Taming provides another tier of currency that may be easier to obtain than that of quest grinding or hunting. I would like to have the option to have at least one steed and a pack-mule/horse. To successfully ride a horse I would suspect there would need to be some sort of taming requirement needed. For instance, a starting animal tamer may start the game with a horse taming tutorial of sorts.

I honestly think that the taming aspects of old UO was genius. Play music to calm the beast long enough to paralyze it, and tame and so on.

Isaiah MGT470 likes this.
  5. Radagar

Radagar Avatar

I definitely want to see Animal Taming in SOTA!

6. Lord_Peregrine

Lord_Peregrine Avatar

You guys are in luck. On Saturday's live stream, Richard mentioned that taming animals, (I think pets specifically) is near the top of the list of potential crafting options.

7. Minoc

Minoc Avatar

I will never forget the deadly Bunnies in the UO Beta (not that I ever had one) !
    If we don't get pets to begin with it will be the addition that I will be really waiting for as they were so much fun to have, keep happy and parade around with in UO. If they are even 1/2 as fun in SotA they will great !
    Im already thinking about what options we will have, horses, walrus'.....so many options :D

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I'm really curious about Taming if the system is good. I really like PvP hand to hand style, but I've always thought of Animal Tamers being more PvE than PvP. So it's kind of a tough decision with only one character per account. One the one hand I like PvP but I wouldn't want to go into a PvP experience where I'm out numbered and they come and attack me not the dragon and I lose the dragon, me, and my mount. However the payoff of being able to get gold might be worth it... I can't wait to see the options they have for us.

9. Gumpo

Gumpo Avatar

The real question is, will I be able to release my dragon just outside of a large bank and laugh as it mauls all of the innocent players and still not go red?

10. jivex5k

jivex5k Avatar

I wouldn't count on it Gumpo,
    They are trying to limit people like you from ruining other people's fun. Your type of play style is being culled for the greater good.

11. ReleeSquirrel

ReleeSquirrel Avatar

Taming in UO was the best when there wasn't a cap on it. It was overpowered, yeah, but balance wasn't a concern back then. You could tame a hundred bunnies and set them to defeat your enemies. Personally though my army was typically made up of Polar Bears. It was with the power of Polar Bears that I finally got to see the deep places of the world.

Then finally they nerfed it so you couldn't have more than five polar bears, two unicorns, or a dragon and a midget dragon.

Rayon likes this.
  12. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

One of the highlights of my UO gaming experience was venturing into the wood and having a random incounter with a female GM Tamer wearing black leather armor and an executioner's mask, juggling five Red Drakes then vanishing through a gate. As a newb this gave me something to aspire to. Sadly, it was a goal I could never achieve because not only was it nerfed by the numbers but also by taming difficulty. What was a drop in the hat to GM taming became an impossible grind. Please no nerf wars this time around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.