Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Another cry for lighting

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Gix, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

I was always confused as to why the bandits inside the Etceter Crag Mines were so low level compared to the incredible quantities of over-powered monsters residing outside the mines. I was pleasantly surprised to see an increase in difficulty there; makes it all consistent. Bravo! Anyways, that's something else entirely.

[​IMG]
    WHY. THE. HELL. are there ARCHERS inside the mine? One would think that ranged combat would be a detriment in such close quarters. I counted THREE in the same area... and how are they fighting in the darkness?

I mean, I'd buy it if they casted spells or something... or... if the lanterns that's littering the damn place were actually turned ON. Last time I checked, those guys were human; they should be as blind as I am.

When I made this video two releases ago...

... I was fighting Thugs with axes or hammers. To which, I commented that it would make sense if they wielded torches in their offhand to not only help the player see in total darkness but also sell the idea that they actually need light themselves.

Somehow, during the modifications that brought R33, someone willingly replaced the Thugs for Archers. Was it randomly spawning different types of bandits and I was consistently lucky for the past few releases or what? If not, what was the idea behind the change?

I turned on my radio headset so that I could actually see SOMETHING... You know because I'm just fighting name tags, here. You could argue that they could shoot at the headset but I had it off for a good portion of my (limited) stay, there.

I beg you! Do something about the lighting and revise how the enemies are setup to play in such darkness!

See the red on the screen? That's my rage level, right there!

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.