Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Answered] blood river outskirts 12 an hour, insane

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Yakamo LLTS, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

vigilante captain has 200 to 500 hard cash every 2 mins
    4 vigilante guards have 50 to 75 hard cash

the 200 to 500g captain is 300 health

it's pennies

12k gold for everyone

this is all copy and paste because simply put, its so broke i am not putting work into this bu
    g report.

as a adv 95 this is dumb as heck.

ps can exceptionally craft maple bows for 28% crit. god dammit

2. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

I strongly recommend you to test things by yourself, or search a bit, before post these kind of "reports". Also you could try to type correctly and avoid some awful words, no needed in this section of forums.

From Discord: For those that didn't watch all the telethon, I asked a question about blood river outskirts. Darkstarr said loot drops are intentional and this is their path forward for balancing zones. (Paraphrased but intent correct)

Lexie, Rentier and liz_the_wiz like this.
  3. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Loot table looks good (finally some gold from mobs!) but the respawn time for a mob that gives 200-500g each 2 min it can be a bit "too easy" to grind for hours.

Plus the friend/solo mode option makes this more easy.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Rentier likes this.
  4. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

You sir don't know what you are talking about

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I have no problem with Mobs giving more loot, but this is a beginners area....This isn't a bug, but it is a bad decision. If you want to adjust the loot-tables, start with higher end mobs and work down to the easier ones. Lots of players are flooding Blood River Outskirts for the easy gold that they can't get elsewhere.

6. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'm alright with this. It was a new zone. It makes sense that they'd properly design a new zone rather than design it contrary to their vision and have to go back and fix it later.

Lexie likes this.
  7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

The 'Design' has nothing to do with the loot-table.

8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

The 'game design' has everything to do with the loot table. Probably the single most basic aspect of the game design is the loot table lol. If this is their vision of what things *should* be, well there's a hell of a lot of work to be done in the high level zones, but there's no reason that they need to do double work and implement this in a fashion they're knowingly going to go back and change later. That's all I meant by that.

9. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Of course 'Game Design' has to do with the Loot Table, and everything else in the game for that matter, but you were talking about the Scene/Zone Design, not 'Game Design' A Scene in the game is independent from the loot-table for the Mobiles(Mobs) that appear in the scene. A Mob may appear in multiple scenes and there is only one loot-table for the Mob, not a loot-table for that scene only. I'm sure some Mobs actually share the same loot-table as other Mobs, and Bosses probably share their loot-tables amongst other Bosses. There is no need to 'do double work' when addressing loot-tables, as loot-tables can be adjusted without having to change any other aspect of a Scene, which is what the OP was referring to.

My issue is, as I said, is with the amount of the loot that drops on beginner Mobs. It's more than most other parts of the game. And the Vigilante Leader drops between around 200gp to over 500gp every coupl minutes. It makes more sense, if the devs are planning on increasing loot amounts, to adjust the loot-tables for the more difficult mobs in the game, rather than trying to make low-level mobs drop tons of gold. If you're going to increase drops in loot-tables do it across the board, and not just for the low-level Mobs.

10. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Well you misunderstood me, or I wasn't clear, one of the two lol.

Granted I don't find this in line with anything else in the game either. Not particularly sure either, like you've stated, why they didn't do a *global* change to loot-tables when they implemented this and did it zone specific instead. Could be how the game is coded, who knows.

Maybe treat this as a test case for what they envision the rest of the low level scenes and higher level scenes will be better in the future..? At the same time I am much more in favor of a "ground-up" increase in gold than "top-down" as this adds more desperately needed currency into the game economy than first adding it to the top level mobs. I totally understand it's super wonky feeling that this crappy low level mob is LOADED compared to something way harder, but such is I suppose for alpha/beta testing and I feel this does more to fix the lack of gold in the economy than only adding it to high level zones.

11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

That was my point. A ground-up increase in gold will cause lower-level players to have more gold than vet players. Do you really want to put beginner players in a postion to have better gear, items, and more money than players who are fighting Mobs 5x's as difficult than the ones they are fighting? This would make no sense! If you do this to the low-level mobs only, you will relegate high-level players to either be poor and continue gaining experience, or be rich, while gaining no XP.

You wouldn't test the effects of taking a header off of a building and landing on your head would you? Hopefully not, because we already know the results of an action such as this. So, doing alpha/beta testing on a mechanic that we know isn't good for the economy is counterproductive. It makes no sense to give beginner players more gold, while at the same time forcing experienced players to go to beginner areas to earn enough gold to buy things they need/want.

12. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

So this would only be true if higher level players couldn't actually do the same thing. They can go to this zone and grind gold just like anyone else and make the choice between exp and gold for the time being until the harder zones get the same treatment. It by no means, shape, or form allows lower level players any sort of advantage in gold other than where they currently gain their best experience, they gain a good amount of gold too. The low level curve is quick, they won't be in that *golden* position for long.

As it stands, gold vs exp is a choice, and that's not a terrible thing. I'm with you in the sense that I hope the choice of gold isn't at the COMPLETE cost of experience, but time'll tell on that front.
    Yea you missed the entire point. The point of pointing out that we're in alpha/beta is that the full effect of what they want to do hasn't reached fruition yet and this remains the first piece. It makes PLENTY of sense to give gold to the people MOST in need as they are the most likely to spend it (whereas established players are much less likely to spend the gold and just hoard it or RMT it.) This scenario stimulates our current dead economy the most as NOBODY is actually excluded from raw gold generation, and higher levels still have an advantage as they'll kill stuff faster. This'll eventually add a fair bit of inflation, but at the very least some of the **** I've seen stay on vendors that's not actually bad will sell after 3+ months.

I HIGHLY favor this outcome over the first buffing the high end zone scenario as that just leads to "the rich simply become richer" and in this case the rich don't make jobs for the poor so you've really done nothing to create a booming economy.

And for that matter, this is NOT the best gold in the game. The best gold in the game remains mining and selling your ore which remains something new players can't do.

13. null2

null2 Avatar

Here is the point in the telethon where the question is asked

I can't put a link to a video at a given time in here apparently but it happens at 4h31m10s

Anvar and Lexie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.