Anti-Ganking Option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valandur, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valandur

Valandur Avatar

Ok, looking at the different player modes, single player, friends only, friends of friends, all available, I'm thinking that this is possible. Why can't they add another notch on that sliding scale that allows you to play with everyone Except known gankers/PKers? If a player randomly kills other players enough times, the game could give them a hidden notation that labels them as a ganker. Then when a player selects AGM, they play with everyone except those people.

I'm not opposed to PvP, but if I'm mining, or doing something casually I'd rather not have to contend with the typical PKer type player we all are familiar with. How would the game know who's a PKer and who's not? Maybe by if a player attacks others within X amount of time of sighting them continually. Maybe if a player attacks others without talking to them repeatedly. Honestly I've not thought this out and figured that since the game will be slotting people by category anyway, that this might be possible. I know many would welcome this option and many will hate it because it robs them of "targets", so sorry.

So what do you all think? Possible, not? Worth looking at?

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

If you are doing a solitary activity like mining, it seems like SPO or FPO would be perfect for you. That way, you would be guaranteed that you would not have to contend with being attacked. That is your goal, is it not. Goal accomplished.

3. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

As Owain said, the option is already there via the different Online modes. In Open online, the main times you're going to be dealing with PvP anyway is if you choose to be involved in the various quests that warn you that PvP is a possibility/likelihood. If you're a pure crafter/resource gatherer, you're not likely to be involved in these quests unless your house is in a town or village that ends up under siege.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.