Anyone else unsuccessful in placing Keep lot and city waterfront markers in forest biome?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by maathyas, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

[​IMG]

Ok I was successful in placing a Keep lot marker at the Red colored area but not at the Blue colored area.
    Has anyone been successful in placing a Keep in that area?

For the life of me, waterfront lots are a PAIN to place. :(

At the same time, where can I place a City Waterfront lot marker? Has anyone been successful in this map template?

What I can place down are Row, Village, Town and City markers. Please help share your experience.

Thanks.

edit:
    Is there a limit to how many NPC buildings we can place? Currently I can only put less than what my form indicates. Confused.

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I was able to place a keep in the blue area. It took a bit of fiddling with the rotation, and then I placed a bit to the south and inland, and then walked it north and toward the dock until I couldn't go any farther.
    I've only been able to place one village water lot and one town water lot along the beach north of the dock.
    I've not been able to get a city water lot down anywhere.
    I've not been able to place any water lots along the dock or out in the open water.
    I've not been able to place the city or village water lots on the north end of the eastern island.
    I have a holdfast, and am limited to one NPC building, and I can place one.

maathyas likes this.
  3. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

I concur with all the above. I too had the same experience :(

As for the Keep lot in the 'town square' area, that gives me some confidence that it can be done. Will attempt it later.

4. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

[​IMG]
    still very unsuccessful. not sure if this is the right placement. Or should the marker be facing the waterfront instead?

5. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I had the marker facing the water.

Duke Raas and maathyas like this.
  6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I had a city water lot in R 20-22, thanks to the wonderful folk ain Wizards Rest. This might work...
    As you know, you cannot yet base a lot on the jetty, only on the shore. So looking at the map, there are waterfront lots, one town lot and then a village lot above the dock. Take ALL these up, giving you a large expanse of shore, and you may be able to get a city lot in. That's where I was.

maathyas likes this.
  7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yes, in pre-R23 I had my Keep lot set up as such :

[​IMG]

maathyas and Sir Frank like this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

The only place I know where you can place a city water lot is behind the little stone bridge. So in other words: Between the stone bridge and the wooden one that leads to the island.

Edit: Yes I know the map says you can't. But you can. Should be roughly the middle one of the three lots the map shows there.

maathyas likes this.
  9. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

I was having a problem as well up in Port Baren with the swamp template and placing water lots. sent in the bug report to dev's and got this reply.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?conversations/water-lot-placement.20941/

The next day I tried to place water lots but was still was unable to do so along the coastline, nor on the pier, or the island just offshore. Was working with city lots and town lots that were showing as doable according to the green squares on the swamp template 1 map.

Sent a PM to the Pax Lair to see if they were having the same problem and was told "We know about the ocean lots issue, hence no boats on our very long pier".

So this is an ongoing issue for awhile now and probably will not get resolved completely as they may be from the looks of things in the middle of a water test and upgrade in general. have not been over there yet, but Hometown is supposed to have the new water around it.

As far as the keep placement in the main part of the cobblestone area. I still have not been able to place it. I can put 2 city lots side by side, but the keep won't place in the same spot.

I have heard no one even talk about trying to place a castle or keep water lot in their pot. It is totally worthless to even try that. Hopefully those of us with a nautical bend to our game style will get some serious love soon. Understanding that it will be at least late rel 1 - rel 2 before we get any real ability to use our boats outside as a home or deco for our ports

maathyas likes this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

But it's a nice deco ;-)

11. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

Thanks Atogrim for your advise, I was successful in placing a Waterfront City lot! And at night too with no light sources! I'm so proud of myself. :)

Now to attempt the Keep marker again. Been trying for so long on that :(

EDIT: Does anyone know if what we wrote into the POT design document - is really reflected in our POTs? As in the number of Village lots, Town lots, etc. Is Portalarium already feeding that information into the game?

This also applies to NPC buildings?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    Atogrim likes this.
  12. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The "number and sizes of lots" was a requirement of the pre-dynamic lot design, where the devs would have needed to place the lots themselves.

Under the dynamic system, all Portalarium needs to do is provide enough flat space in the generic templates to satisfy all of our various requirements.

Unless you are requesting a static scene, with custom geography, then you will be contacted by the dev-team when they are ready to implement your particular scene. :)

maathyas likes this.
  13. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

I see, learned something new. So what's stopping folks in a Hamlet POT from placing down 10x City lots vs a Town sized POT? I would have thought the empty flat spaces were already there in all templates and it was up to the town governors to decide how best to use them?

Sidenote: Still very unsuccessful with the Keep lot in the 'town square' area. I think I'm going to give up. lol.

14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The game interface limits you to the square meters specified by your POT type.

You can place any variety of markers you want, as long as you don't exceed your specified maximum. :)

maathyas likes this.
  15. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

Oh so that's what the square meters bar was all about in the Town placement interface. I get it now - Thanks!

Duke Raas likes this.
  16. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

Interestingly I was the latest patch notes...
    November 5 2015

Build Number 348 3:30 PM CST:
    Fixes:

Player Owned Town Fixes:
    • Players can no longer place non-water structures in the underground lakes. Also, ensured that players CAN place water properties in designated lakefront areas

Well I certainly have to do more testing.

17. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Avatar

Here is a picture I took today of my forest template metropolis. Look on the far right side, it's the Baron's Galleon which uses a waterfront city lot. So, it is possible to place a waterfront city lot just very difficult. If anyone would like to see it in person, the metropolis is located a few steps north of Brittany and is called "Valoria". :)

[​IMG]

18. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

Well met 'neighbour'. I'm just south of Brittany. :) Sure will make a trip over and take a gander. But what really interests me is - how did you take that photo? Is that from the 'island'? I assume from a City level backer building?

Captain Norrington likes this.
  19. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Avatar

The photo was taken from the top of a Lighthouse placed on the island :)

maathyas likes this.
  20. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i have placed a city water on the west side of the northeast island.

Captain Norrington and maathyas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.