anyone know how combat works?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by YuriGaDaisukiDa, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YuriGaDaisukiDa

YuriGaDaisukiDa Avatar

this is my best educated guess. lmk if im on the right track

combat skill - raise it by increasing str/dex/int effects hit chance. does it also effect doge chance? like the old UO system where its basically your combat skill vs theirs?

damage resistance - flat damage reduction
    damage avoidance - no clue how this functions, secondary damage reduction?
    damage absorption - percential damage reduction

question is the order these take effect. my guess, its attack damage -damage reduction, then the result is modified by the armors absorption?

what about spells?

i also noticed damage resistance and absorption seem to apply to spells as well yes?

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I don't think anyone really knows for sure. The devs have eluded to ways stats effect skills but we haven't seen a full run down on what does what in that regard.

3. YuriGaDaisukiDa

YuriGaDaisukiDa Avatar

im doing some testing now. i found out why heavy armor is overpowered and mages are underpowered.

there is zero difference in hit chance from a wolf from 30-110 combat skill/

attack skill does not effect dodge chance. in fact neither does dex. actually, when testing, i couldnt get the wolf to miss at all with any build. no matter what, it has a 100% hit chance on me.

mages used to get wrestling to avoid hits. this is how they were balanced. in this game there is no dodge right now meaning armor is the only protection. this is part of why light armor and mages are broken right now

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

yeah I did notice the 100% hit chance.. actually.. I think it's probably closer to 99% but it's way up there. You really notice it when archers never miss. :) Ah well.. that's pre-alpha for you. So much left to do.

I say 99% because of very rare occasions either myself or a mob actually does seem to miss.

5. YuriGaDaisukiDa

YuriGaDaisukiDa Avatar

well, ive noticed that if you reduce the damage to zero, it doesn't register as zero damage it registers as a "miss" or rather, it doesn't register as anything (implied miss)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.