Appearance armor - on the table?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Josh Randall, Jul 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Not sure if this has been asked/requested but are there any plans to incorporate appearance armor?

You know, wear my fighting armor, but have an appearance slot to look fashionably elite ;)

As a mage I'm going around with a speedo cap on my head that makes me look very nonthreatening - it's embarrassing really! I won't tell you what it really looks like since this is a quasi family oriented site, but use your imagination in terms of birth control!

If I could just put that neat wolf head hat I made on that would at least make me a little more intimidating to the mobs I come across.

Would also make me much more fashionable ;)

Thanks for reading

2. Rhawkas

Rhawkas Avatar

Also interested in finding out if this is something that will be implemented. It always seems to happen that I come across some armor that I like the appearance of, but soon I find something better that just not as cool looking. =( Same goes for weapons (within the same weapon-type category, of course).

3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

One of the things mentioned in the Summer Telethon yesterday was the intention to be able to use different 'skins' to change the cosmetic appearance of items without changing their basic statistics (it was explicitly mentioned in terms of weaponry, but it seems perfectly possible for a similar process for armour and wearables) so you might well be able to make such changes in future and make your 'everyday' wear look a little more fashionable, within limits - making plate armour look like cloth would probably be going too far :)

The only caveat was first they need to be sure the basic properties and effects of the items are balanced first, once that's done I got the impression that many styles could be available to refine a particular 'look' for your avatar.

4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I sympathize - there aren't any nice looking cloth headpieces. :(

When I discovered that bear hats give added strength and wolf hats give added dexterity, I ditched my cloth cap anyway. If the animal hats lose their benefits in R32, I will have to look for an alternative. I would like an attractive alternative that would fit a mage build and give good stats. As far as I know, it is possible to wear any headpiece without losing the "all-cloth" bonus, but a metal helmet just wouldn't look right.

Josh Randall, Acred and DancingShade like this.
  5. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

AO and SWG really did it right with lots of awesome outfits. Plus it'll make the tailors happy.

vote+1

Josh Randall likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.