1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Arcanist's Focus

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Violet Ronso, Jan 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

How about a way to "specialize" in regenerative consumables. For players who want to forgo any spell casting, they could train this "Arcanist's Focus" Innate skill that would unlock effects or increase the potency of potions, at the cost of Attunement. This attunement cost could either be only for life magic, to trade one healing system by another, or the entire 8 Magic Trees (exception Chaos) much like how the Tactics Warding works.

Tirrag likes this.
  2. Tirrag

Tirrag Avatar

i recently tried to do a no-magic build and eventually pulled back a bit to use healing magic. the diminishing returns healing potion limitations that were added fairly recently just didnt allow me to stay alive. while i understand why they were implemented, i think the pendulum may have swung a little too far on the restrictions if you are trying to play a non-magic build. it would be nice to see the restrictions potentially variable based on attunement levels. the lower the attunement, the less the restrictions on healing potion use... or maybe its just me not finding a good balance yet with the new potion system :) i like the idea of a skill related to helping healing potion use.

3. devilronin

devilronin Avatar

thought the only no magic build was tame, bard is tricky do to needing that one chaos spell to reduce the charge timer for stacks(or use random slots), a trip to player vendor x or y gets you a tanky pet for a modest amount

4. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Sara Draegon is a magicless swordsman, I've done a magicless build before (and am considering a new one today), nearly every build except mage builds can be done without any magic!

For Bard and the cast time, you can use Spellbinders stance and wicked caster gems to replace Chaotic Feedback btw.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.