Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archers missing two combat glyphs at start up

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by Raven Swiftbow, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I created a swordsman who started with the usual 4 combat sword skills:
    [​IMG]
    But I also created an archer:
    [​IMG]

Currently, the only shots I have is 2. Shouldn't I also have Piercing Shot and Blinding Shot?

2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

It seems to be available at lvl 40 :)

Ice Queen likes this.
  3. Raven Swiftbow

Yes, I know that - but those who choose blades start with 4 combat glyphs and do not have that penalty. So either they forgot to change it for blades, or they forgot to give archers 4 glyphs.

Ice Queen likes this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You are getting skills elsewhere. For example you get 2 skills in the Air tree, Dash and Air's Embrace skills. Then there's the subterfuge and Taming skills as well. And an extra skill in the light tree versus what the warrior gets in the Heavy Armor tree. The warrior does get extra skills in tactics tho. The warrior gets far less skills in total than the avatar choosing the way of the bow.

But I will say that the trees right now are messed up. There are a lot of skills that are given out that don't meet the level prerequisites.

@Chris, I think the trees need to be reviewed with regard to the skill perquisites. Skill points don't meet their prerequisites in many of the skill trees,

5. Raven Swiftbow

It's just hard to go out as a low level player with only 2 attack glyphs. And of course, when you only have two, they must stay locked for a longer period of time. It forces you to use auto-attack to survive - which we can do.

Now, all of the above and foregoing being said, I *can* live with this - if it's not a bug. I just wanted to confirm whether or not it is a bug.

margaritte likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

It is not a bug. Players won't start with the tier 3 skills going forward. Rangers have been updated but I need to look at the other two starting packages still.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Chris, that's a great change as far as I'm concerned, since it's just wasted points if you don't plan to advance in those areas.

Please take this into consideration! Don't put any skills over 10, this way it allows players to advance in those trees OR skill up in those individual skills, but it doesn't waste points. Also if I'm on the path of a mage, I don't need starting points in melee anything, so please put those few starting points at 1 (not 5) so players can still start skilling up if they want to, but again fewer wasted points. This is the next best thing to picking your own starting stats.

As an experienced player this would give me the most flexibility without wasting points. Either 10 points (for tier 1 if there's a tier two progression) or 1 point (for tier 1 if no progression or 1 point for tier 2). Nothing more.

Golem Dragon likes this.
  8. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

In before @WrathPhoenix extols how Free Attack is the single most important aspect to playing an archer, and how auto attack is tantamount to suicide.

4EverLost likes this.
  9. Raven Swiftbow

Indeed, you are correct, lol. I anticipate there will be a lot of slow, careful skill building in my future. And, tbh, I'm okay with that. I am certain that many others might not be.

Beaumaris, 4EverLost and Chris like this.
  10. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I actually dont mind this at all. And yes, Free attack... use free attack. I dont care how much money you have youre just wasting time and money on auto attack with archery :)

11. Liavain

Liavain Avatar

I find I kill things easier with Auto Attack as an Archer. I miss too much on Yellow+ mobs to bother with charging my shots.

12. Net

Net Avatar

Mages miss Fireball now. It is really strange to have slug in the middle of starting deck:/

Oh and starting as mage and having to take the sword is soooo annoying! I almost did not get out of starting scene

Athanil likes this.
  13. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Have you tried increasing your Dexterity by using Air's Embrace? I find that it really makes a difference at times. It is one of the most important buffs for archers. Together with blinding shot (when you reach that far) it's a great combination for more accuracy.

margaritte likes this.
  14. Liavain

Liavain Avatar

I will definitely give that a shot (lol...), thanks!

As to Mages having to use swords, why not make wands shoot a "magic missle" using focus as ammo? It would work for beginning mages and then they could switch to more powerful spells later.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Athanil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.