Archers - Piercing Shot worth keeping?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by MrBlight, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ive been pushing ranged since the start.

Im finding that against mobs of all types and levels, that my piercing shot is almost a waste of focuse. I find that it doesnt do anymore then a fully pulled back shot, and less then an aimed shot. Even stacked if im doing 3 piercings stacked ,i find the dmg on it is less then a normal 1 stack of Aimed.

Im considering dropping this from my hot bar / and turning off the gain in exchange to maybe dabble in death magic short range life drain ( thinking it will be more useful )

Is piercing just not noticible in PVE and will i completly love it in PVP? Or are other people finding it lacking?
    ( I dont use multi arrow, i generally shoot for dex debuff shot, then do aimed / rapid arrow .. seems to do the most dmg in a fight, and piercing is just filler which i find im using less and less )

2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Guess - maybe when/if the cover system and stuff comes in, it might be worth it?

3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

In pvp is goes through resistances, its not a big damage ability because of that. Not only does my armor not effect it, but my defensive stance does not either.

4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Now, does the low dmg on it, but the fact it goes through resistances mean it actually does MORE damage to you then someones aimed shot?
    Sorry for the question , ive only tested on fighter mobs, and found it is still lower dmg, even against Earth Eles.
    So with what im thinking about trading piercing on my line for , is death ray/death touch (not sure which yet) Thinking that that dmg ignores the armor anyways, and between the health gain it adds, itll be more effective even in PVP.
    Thoughts?

5. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

piercing shot just don't seem to work in pve.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Yea. I already put it off gaining, took it outa my build and replaced with Death touch. Such a massive, massive difference. Tons of extra sustain when im solo or even with a buddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.