Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Archery Class is OP

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Infineon, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SydronKnight

SydronKnight Avatar

If you noticed, all these Archer lovers quickly defending Archery. Simply put, when a 2 day old account can out do a month old account, Adventuring level 17 vs 56 there is a problem. when the experienced swordsmen is running around trying to hit something only to have everything dye before you get to it, there is a problem. I'm really tired of Archers saying they aren't op and then kill everything. Oh, they can't tank, they seem to be able to tank just as well. It seems to best and most Obvious class to be is Archery, Spell casting is something everyone should do. we are only talking about the Combat skills and the balance of each. Making sure the game is balance for fun. It's NOT fun running around trying to just get one hit in only to have the creatures die before you get there because your running with an Archer player.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

guess ill play devils advocate..
    Considering i've been playing since persistance, and i initially leveled up with a duel wield, light armor blades char with 0 magic. ( and i went archer with 0 magic)..

First few days his life was a LOT easier then mine, as it took a while before i could successfully hit things.
    I DID start to outdamage him pretty quickly, but when doing groups of things that arnt low green to you ( yellow/orange.. like a group of 2 should be doing ) .. it was quite obvious that he had to do a LOT less running then me. And also to effectivly dish out damage as an archer, i had to be charging shots, while using skills while running, where he could stand still with auto attack stacking/spamming etc etc.

As time went ON, his damage DID start to catchup. And while the DPS of him was still lower, something like coup de gras 1 hitting the last 20%.. added a lot of weight to his side.
    FURTHER down the line, i ended up playing with more melee characters who can successfully run 70-80% dmg avoidance, + block chance + dodge + self healing pretty easily. So while their DPS sucks.. comparing the tankyness of the 2 ... yea.

Farther FATHER down the line. I agree, archer does pretty solid DPS, but the gap between a pure archer and a pure fighter isnt as massive as you guys claim. But its offset by the sheer tankyness difference, the ability for your auto attack to not suck (archers auto attack sucks).. And i see plenty of melee guys do more then hold their own, and easily match up in usefull ness over archers.
    That being said -
    Skills other then Blades need some love.
    Taunt needs to be better.
    And all of these debates become skewed becaue - =
    Screwed everything up. Currently hybrid is overpowered, and because of this, its easier to go an archer hybrid in this aspect.

If you go toe for toe dmg, archer vs melee, archer SHOULD win, because the idea of being melee is to be a little more solid ( unless your going an assasin build, in which case you can easily out dmg archers ).
    Also having seen how easy melee can do permenent knockdown / trip build... archers dont have any perma disables like that straight from their build. ( disabling shot, compared to built in bleeds/stuns/knockdowns/roots.)

I went melee for a little while, and even if the DMG was less, it sure was a lot easier.

3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I dunno. I was melee for a year (blunt) and archers were my easiest targets. I dont see many archers any more at least in tier 1 or 2 league.

4. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Err??? Why would having a Bow in your hand slow you down more than say having a mace, sword, or polearm? It doesnt make sense.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it would apply to everyone but, as a swordswoman, when i step backwards, it's ony a step or two, so a speed nerf wouldn't add up to much.

6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

I think heavy armor gets to much avoid and dmg resist and stun resist and hp and insta unstun. its not about nerfing its about making it fair for someone that has all this time put into an light armor archer and cant do the same things as a heavy armor melee tank.

move speed and kiting is to light armor archer what dmg resist and avoid is to heavy armor tanks.

I am an physical dmg archer that uses only gust and airs embrace fyi

7. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

a speed nerf whilst walking backwards? Thats a joke right LOL, Most archers Wear light armour thus Having Less defensive capablities as a heavy armour user, And they use Sprint and Dash, And thats what kiting is for. Archery isnt Any more overpowered than The others, IT is your job to close the Gap between you and your target. Use Engage, Body slam, Blink Or dash and a movement speed potion.

Sentinel2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.