are a higher prop count and more controls over their placement technically possible?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Duffy, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duffy

Duffy Avatar

hello,

unless books and candles doesn't count to the limit of 700, at least I'll hit the placement limits pretty fast. I absolutely understand the limitation because everything has to be loaded in the scene. But will it be possible in some distant future to up that count without us wanting to claw our eyes out staring on a loading screen?

A NPC bookcases, not even completely filled, has a book count of 70+. That means, only one bookcase can easily take a tenth of what I am allowed to place.
    It's the small things that will eat at the number of 700 pretty fast. And yet you need the small things to give the appearance of a house inhabited and not look like a furniture store advertisement. Lights from candles. Books, carelessly littered across the house. Fruits in bowls. Cutlery. Food on the table. Mugs in the sink.

And then, is it possible to give us more placement controls? For example, can we be given control over the placement height (with fine tuning)? I understand if it's not possible to make more areas in our houses solid, so we can place props on them (for example windowsills or the hearth). So far I can't place a candle on the windowsill because it doesn't register as a surface you can place things on. When trying to place something on my hearth I plunged the prop in it and can't even recover it.

Since we have no control of free height placement probably some or all items aren't rendered on the side they connect to the surface, giving them a see-through on that angle. Well I could live with that. I am not going for crazy placement, I just would like to put things where we right now can't.

Also, if we could tilt and roll items that'd be great too. Overturned chairs, barrels, my plow not on the ground but leaning at the wall, et cetera et cetera...

Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Hopefully they can up the limits a bit once they work on polishing up performance and loading times.

You can already tilt and rotate books however, so instead of having them all lined up you can lay a few down and make it look more full with less books.

Duffy likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes. Throw in a few other items too, like odd skulls and wax cylinders, for some interesting visual diversity.

Duffy and Adam Crow like this.
  4. Duffy

Duffy Avatar

Oh awesome! I didn't try that so far. Thanks for pointing it out to me, much appreciated :)

Adam Crow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.