Are houses tied to your account, or your character?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by PlausibleSarge, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PlausibleSarge

PlausibleSarge Avatar

I have not had time to keep completely up to date with the development process on this game, so I apologise if this has been answered before.

I am just wondering if houses are connected to a SotA account or if they will have to be tied to a character. The main difference is that if they are tied to a character, then if I, say, want to make a rogue and a warrior, only one of them will be able to use my backer house.

2. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

The house/lot is tied to the account, however, the current thinking is that you will ONLY get one online character per account, so to make both the rogue and warrior as online characters, you will need 2 accounts.

This is current thinking; subject to change as we've seen many things change. The idea is that YOU are the avatar (you!) and combine that with a non-class-based character (any skill, anytime) that one character can play the role of a warrior one night and a rogue the next (provided you've trained in those skills).

3. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

The even-more-nebulous question, though, is whether you can delete a character to make a new one without losing your house and belongings inside it. >.>

4. smack

smack Avatar

If they allow us to delete our character, then it's likely going to be tied to the account. Anything bought from the store with real cash or received as a pledge reward is going to be problematic if that gets deleted as well. No amount of disclaimers, warning messages, etc. is going to help with the complaints because we know some people will still ignore those without reading them.

If you can't delete characters, then it's a non-issue since there's only one character per account currently.

5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I think it has to be multiple characters on a single account for the game to be successful. And the house will need to be tied to the account not character.

There are many gamers who level up many characters in games. Why would this be different? Would we expect those gamers to have 5 accounts for five characters? That would be a tough sell.

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I am one of those altoholics. But I am only that way because the one character is incomplete for the game. One character is preferred, if it's robust enough.. Class systems automatically force altoholism.

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I am hoping that we won't need more than 1 character. I generally like to learn everything I can in regards to crafting...I would rather not create 2 accounts to learn it all...

You can kindred your 2nd account to your house tho so that's not really a problem. Since we can only have 1 character, I was hoping and guessing that we would be able to make that 1 character the way we want.

8. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

But Beaumaris, this game is different :)
    How can you play yourself 5 or 6 different ways? Your choices are what makes the game, you don't get to try out your choices irl. You are stuck with your personality, moral ethics and general way of thinking. You must live with your decisions.

smack likes this.
  9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I would like to learn and master all the skills in all the skill trees on one character to be the Avatar at the end of Ultima 8.

But that is just me.

10. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, that's the current design goal anyways. It will be interesting to see if there's enough outcry to make them change their minds and offer more character slots for the online game.

And you shall!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.