Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Are liches supposed to be resistant to searing ray?

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Lifedragn, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

For undead creatures that seem to love dark places, they seem awfully resistant to Searing Ray which is supposed to do bonus damage to undead. It was already seeming lackluster against other undead types, but a whole 6 damage at level 80 against an undead creature?

I can understand my ice arrow and ice fist being less than stellar against such beings. But not sun magic.

Spoon likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

I think this is due to the inherent nature that Liches are resistant to magic. I agree that Sun magic should be the exception.

Sentinel2, Barugon and HogwinHD like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

bug report it if it is abug it will get looked at if not they will tell you

Alexander and HogwinHD like this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

But that just leads to everybody's using sun magic, no diversification.

Ban Undead should be the only exception.

5. Gix

Gix Avatar

With that logic, that just leads to everybody using Life magic.

I could say that the game is already making everybody go Life magic, and you'd most likely counter with the argument saying "A lot of people are using Death magic"... to which I'd argue back saying that "a lot of stealth players are using Moon magic".

...so...

6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I see no issue with Sun Magic and Banish Undead both being effective against Liches. I also see no problem with Banish Undead being MORE effective than Searing Ray. Just saying that Searing Ray being ineffective is counter to the flavor of the ability. I don't think it leads to lack of diversification to have more than one option. Especially when one option is explicitly Banish Undead and the second option says Bonus Damage to Undead.

Gix likes this.
  7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you look at the tooltip for Searing Ray then you'll note that it's supposed to do extra damage against undead. Having liches resistant to it sounds like a bug to me.

Sentinel2, Elnoth and monkeysmack like this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think the whole resistance thing needs to be looked at. As they said in the telethon today, they want balance. But where is this balance when they make mobs so resistant to magic, that is forced many mages to take up a physical weapon? Liches, ghosts and many bosses are so resistant to magic, that having a whole tree gmed, cuz you need to get all skills in a magic tree up to have good attunement, not like physical trees that do not require such high exp to make them better, that the damage from spells is so tiny it will take forever to kill them with it. I have seen earthquake vs a lich hit for 6 damage, with 120 attunement gmed earthquake, and some serious str. Banish undead dealing 36 damage, with 120+ attunement, on a spell with a 3 second cast specifically made to hurt undead. Adding res to these mobs was not a question of balance, it was a question of how to stop the really high level players, and this was the answer.

you might be able to tell, I am pretty salty after watching the telethon today. The uber bone armor set I made did not even place for the crafting tourney, the talk of magic resistance to mobs to add balance, when clearly the resistance was so far pushed, mages became useless against these mobs, and it has been for months now. The whole cooldown on unlocked skills that forces me to do nothing as mobs beat my face in, and mages people who focus in one tree hindered by this decision. Ya, I am salty as hell.

Despothes2 and Vallo Frostbane like this.
  9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If you want to PVE take archery godammit ^^ That is the balance.

Mac2, Urwendor and discipleofweb like this.
  10. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

LOL yep, already got bow skills gmed, now going to take base bows to 120.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.