Are Obsidian Golems Overpowered or...?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Mar 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

So I'm just out here "exploring" Midras still early on in the Love quests and I cannot hit an Obsidian Golem for more than 2 pts of damage.

My adv level is low 60s, skills generally are decent. Basically- I can solo a typical 5 skull mob with some difficult, but usually I can do it.

I was launching all manner of different school spells at this thing and... nothing.

Thinking about submitting as a bug but thought I'd solicit some feedback first.

There is no "exploring" the ruins if a player has to hotfoot it straight to the crypt (assuming they know where it is) and doesn't even stand a chance at surviving the mobs on the way.

Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They are pretty much immune to magic. You currently need to use melee or ranged to kill them.

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

gotcha. hmm this appears to exclude an entire class of players from following the quest line... I mean I was able to run around like a madman eventually making my way to the crypt. But I already knew what I was looking for...

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

If you get your magic up high enough, you can take them out with magic too. Same with Earth elementals. They used to be 100% immunity to earth (I am earth) but I have really high attunement and can drop them pretty fast.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Good to know Starmann, did that just change this release? I haven't fought any yet in r40.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.