Are the tier bonus items blessed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon

Gideon Avatar

Anyone know if the bonus items are blessed so you don't lose them if you die with one in inventory?

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The current design for the death mechanic does not require that you perform a corpse run, so you cannot really lose items unless they are looted.

You can read about death over here : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/

As for looting, that particular question was mentioned in the latest dev chat : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=38216

Quick answer though : Your tier reward items and store bought items are "blessed" and you cannot lose them. :)

smack likes this.
  3. Zero Neutral

Zero Neutral Avatar

If there is no corpse run then how are items looted? I don't understand the logic of this post.

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You should read how the death system works as described in the "PvP Death Current Thinking Megapost" link noted in my thread.

The gist is :
    1. You die and leave a body on the battlefield
    2. Your character becomes a ghost for a certain amount of time
    3. Upon resurrection, your body and all its belongings (minus anything looted) are returned to you.

5. Zero Neutral

Zero Neutral Avatar

I still don't understand... there won't be full loot, so how are things getting looted from a body?

6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You *really* need to read the "PvP Death" initial post.

There is a "Ransom" system described there, where a single item can be looted by your opponent, with the option to either return it for money or collect a monetary reward instead. :)

Zero_Neutral likes this.
  7. Zero Neutral

Zero Neutral Avatar

Yep, I totally understand that but you should really say, "...you cannot really lose items unless they are ransomed and you don't pay to have them returned." The way that you described it made it sound like items could be looted freely.

I had *already* read it.

Also, there are currently plans to 'bless' items that were paid for in the add-on store and obtained via pledges.

NRaas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.