Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Armor Fit for a Knight

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by rebbieforever, Jan 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

01/22/2019 15:35
    Title: Chest Armor Piece Wouldn't drop
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: I went to Verdantis Mines to do the quest "Armor fit for a Knight", in my first 20 minutes 4 out of pieces dropped. The last piece, chest armor, would not drop despite trying for it over 3 hours. Today I logged back and done another 30 mins without result. Then I went to ask people on discord server.
    WorkAround: According to discord user DevilCult it happened to him on another similar quest and he had to drop back to Novia for 15-20 mins so the maps reset and he could get the final item missing. I tried his advice and got the missing piece in just the second kill, so I am guessing its a recurring bug that happens in similar quests
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) G4900 CPU @ 3.10GHz (2) System RAM: 7850
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 610 GPU RAM: 2090
    SotA.Win.64.892.Date.01.08.19
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (-16.2, 77.4, -259.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KC0xNi4xNTcsIDc3LjM4NywgLTI1OS4yNTUpfCgwLCAwLjAzNywgMCwgMC45OTkpfDYxNy45NjI2fDM0LjM0ODUxfDMuMzUxNTU0

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #63704

I'll definitely be looking into this. However, I'll mention I've looked into similar reports before and nothing has come of it. All the items have a really low chance to appear in loot, and the roll is made each time loot is generated. Also, the chance for these items to appear in loot is not affected by a scene reset. I suspect you just had a long string of bad "rolls." It's not so bad at the start, because you have a handful of items that can appear, but when you're waiting for that last item to drop the low-chance for it to appear is super-prominent. Anyway, like I said, I'll still check into it, just in case.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.