Armor needs a Rework

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Cryodacry, Sep 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I'll keep this short. The DR system is in need of a complete rework Especially in regards to how Melee stances take away from DR. Secondly i just found out that the highest mitigation set of armor in the game is actually Bone armor. It sort of made me a little sick to find out about that. Why is the highest Mitigation set of armor Bone armor you say? Well it's because it has the highest Avoidance stat out of all the armor's in the game. Avoidance does not mean dodge it means your ability to receive glancing blows which happen to be the king stat for mitigation in the game. When i run around tanking stuff i usually have around 82 % avoidance.

I guess my question would be do the devs even understand what they have done with this? Light armor also gets dodge in addition to Avoidance now ? Where is the balance between Light and heavy armor now? Heavy armor was supposed to rock the avoidance stat as a balance to the nerfed DR. Now Light armor has bone armor which is better than plate mail?!?!. But you say Heavy Armor has glancing blows. Glancing blows is only 5% better than Evasion which Light armor has. Light armor also has dodge which just makes it superor in every way at this current time due to bone armor more than compensating for that missing 5% avoidance.

Please fix.

Spoon and disynthetic like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Except for plate.

3. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

This thread feels a little biased.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

No evasion at gm is 9% for 35 seconds at gm, glancing blow is 20% at gm for longer. Bronze bone only has more avoidance on chest and legs, the helm boots and gloves plate has the most. Then heavy armor has a str innate and skill, light armor has no stat skills, the pants, If they get the glancing blow MW working will still give more avoidance then bronze bone pants.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Barugon and Tsumo2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.