Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

arrow duplication bug?

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by Maerlin Rebeard, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maerlin Rebeard

Maerlin Rebeard Avatar

Twice now in the same night I've gone to purchase arrows and somehow ended up with over 14K of them. Not sure how reproducible it is but it happened both with Annika in Soltown and the blacksmith in Ardoris. Both times I was selling stuff while at the same time buying a stack of 600 or 800 arrows. The transaction appears to get stuck when signing, I hit esc to close it then all the sudden I'm encumbered with 14000+ arrows (more than the vendor even had on them).

I'm not sure what the exact steps are to reproduce but I felt like it should be reported ASAP.

2. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Did you buy a stack of 600? Because the merchants sell bundles of 24 arrows and 24*600 = 14400. This would explain everything and it would mean it's working as intended.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  3. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Maerlin Rebeard, Thank you for reporting. Issue has been submitted for Team review. If there is a chance that you may have purchased 600 stacks of arrows instead of just 600, please let me know. Seems like everyone who purchases arrows has over purchased them at some point. Keep those reports coming. @WehTeheFf, Thanks for the possible explanation.

4. Maerlin Rebeard

Maerlin Rebeard Avatar

Ok - I'm an idiot! That's exactly what I did, although I can't say I've made that mistake before that night. Did something change or did I just have too many drinks before playing?

Regardless, I think the presentation of the arrow bundles needs to be changed. I get the idea of a bundle but I don't want to play sota to think that deeply about buying arrows - can we just buy the number of arrows we want and not deal with bundles?

5. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Maerlin Rebeard, Thank you for clarifying this issue. It has been added to the previous report as a suggestion for Team review. I would suggest you add your suggestion in the Feedback Section for R35. Having it there tends to get a lot more conversation going around the issue. The Bug Boards tend to get very little player interaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.