Arrow usage, realism vs. fun

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by TroubleMagnet, Nov 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

Ah, i see what you mean now. It really intrigues me and no, i was wondering why i could kill skeletons with arrows as well. I can really see this idea of yours work. I was worried that you wanted paralyzing arrows and others arrows like that. Perhaps you should have someone ask the dev's about it in the next hangout? I would like to test this idea in game.

2. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

perhaps making it harder to hit with an arrow and making them do more damage might find that balance. Give the archer inscentive to take 'aim' instead of leaving them no choice but to run around like a crazed chicken.

KuBaTRiZeS and Heavy Smoker like this.
  3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Thank you very much Athanil. I just suggest what i think will make combat more awesome. Sometimes walls of text, other times specific ideas like this one. For now i just post stuff, and since devs read the forum constantly i expect them to notice the good ideas people expose regarding combat. If they keep moving away from what i think is awesome, and fitting for the current system maybe i'll try to find ways of putting more pressure :p

At the moment moving imposes a penalty to your hit value (used to calculate the damage), but you only notice it if you fight with the stats opened, since the damage range is "wide". It's a bit counterintuitive from a gaming point of view, since everyone who did some PVP in other MMOs is used to stay always in movement. Maybe they should include these details in the help tips when they implement them.

Moonshadow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.