Artifacts, potions, recipe drops, etc.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GreyMouser Skye, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Hello,

Not doing any storyline right now, so I basically just try to improve and fight what I can.

That being said, I figured tier 5 mobs would have some of the artifacts, potions, and recipe drops as I named off in the title. Well.... after thousands of dead mobs I do have about 2 potions and I once got a Ring of the Gambler.

So where do people get the artifacts and recipe drops? Do they kill 100's of thousands of mobs or are there certain bosses or high tier mobs that have better chances for drops?

Kind of open-ended question, but where are people finding things on a regular basis?
    Thank you.

2. null2

null2 Avatar

The chance for an artifact to drop from a tier 5 mob is about 1 in a million according to Chris's tech talks.

The rise, the fall, control points, wyrmsands are good places to go for killing high tier mobs. In addition, killing bosses will get you more frequent drops. I would recommend starting with troll, daemon or dragon

3. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I get tons of recipes and potions off killing Undead in DR. I have a vendor full of recipes that I cant see at 100-200 gold a pop. I also get artifacts there. Some weeks I get none, others i get 2 or 3. Trolls and other bosses drop lots of potions.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  4. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Mage mobs drop potion/poison recipes at a much higher frequency than anything else, granted that they are considered 5* or above (basically above hardened skeleton). Naturally bosses have a higher chance of dropping artifacts.

@Kigu Starfish (Kor) - Might specify which troll. The only one I know of worth a damn is the boss guy on his little island in Ravensmoore.

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I'll stop by if you give me your vendor location. I do not even know what all recipes exist, but I assume the poison and better health/focus potions are some of them.

6. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

7. null2

null2 Avatar

The little 2000 hp trolls can give artifacts sometimes, but not as good of a drop rate as Torcdaw. Sadly, right now the obsidian Trolls give old crappy loot, not the new medium loot tables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.