Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] Melody of Mending using life magic not healing death mage full amount

Discussion in '***PTE (QA) Bug Archive (After R75)***' started by Xee, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

03/10/2020 15:06
    Title: Melody of Mending using life magic not healing death mage full amount
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Melody of Mending using life magic not healing death mage full amount. Like all spells it seems this uses life magic and only gives a death spec mage half or less health.
    Steps to Reproduce: make death spec wearing lich ring. heal uses life based not full heal amount.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16) System RAM: 40761
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU RAM: 5980
    SotA.QA.Win.64.966.Date.03.09.20
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-320.6, 117.9, -125.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTMyMC42MTYsIDExNy44NzEsIC0xMjUuMjcpfCgwLCAtMC41MywgMCwgLTAuODQ4KXw0NTAuNzc2NXwxMy4wNjM0M3w2LjY5NjUyNg==

Aeryk likes this.
  2. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Another interesting thing is Ring of the Lich Kind and Death shields healing modifier also negates natural health regen as well as potion effectiveness. So the issue is actually much more severe.

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Its only severe when considering trying to play a death class against the undead which is why we do not have access to a large % of the content. Vs living there are no issues that I can see with the negatives but if I try to use another deck being at a massive negative life because of undead spec its affects all my other schools which makes my other builds unable to heal effectively to survive. Example when I use my Sun deck which is the only thing I can use against undead along with say water or even fire. my damage is good but I cant really heal seeing I cant use life spells because of the negatives in life attune as well the costs against my death side if I do try to put points in life because I am spec. I think Water heals , the sun heal and the bard heal needs to be non life so that it can be more useful to a death mage so they can enjoy the larger % of the content. That or they need to consider adding a new type of drain against the life force that keeps undead a live some how.

just my thoughts.

runicpaine likes this.
  4. Mod Nightshade

Mod Nightshade Avatar

Because the Death Magic items all say "Healing Modifier" rather than "Life Magic Modifier", I suspect that this is "working as intended". I'll pass it upstairs though just in case.

5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

As this is using Life Magic it would be expected that it will not fully heal a Death Mage. (I suggest to discuss this in the Wishlist or in General if a Death Magic Bard skill would resolve this)

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I also reported this morning Elysian illumination as the same. The issue I am looking at is with pure death builds like myself there is not much I can do to fight undead in this spec at all as there is no way for me to get heals short of potions and the few skills outside of life because of my negative life. I am looking for something that can help even if its minor so that it could be possible to find away to attempt to do some death content.

Most the content is death, and with the new content being shadow creatures once again death does not work with that which limits me to spiders, some dragons and elf/kobolds. which is 25% of all content I believe. I am hoping that the new content coming for the stuff in the sky will be death friendly to help give me something new to do than grinding the same things that have been the last 7 years :)

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.