1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] Recipes don't display correct number of items in categories

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Anpu, Apr 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

04/02/2022 09:02
    Title: Recipe Lute String isn't displaying correct number of Big Cat Carcass in inventory
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: If you have several Big Cat Carcasses in your inventory, the Recipe Lute String isn't showing the correct count of how many Big Cat Carcass you have in inventory:
    [​IMG]
    Steps to Reproduce: Place 5 different Big Cat Carcass in inventory, open recipe book for Lute String, observe count of Big Cat Carcass in the recipe only shows you have 1 in inventory (should display 5/1).
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1523.Date.04.01.22
    Area: PlayerDungeon_GreenBrickFoyer_3Connections
    Area Display Name: Player Dungeon
    Loc: (8.8, 0.0, 13.9)
    Debug: UGxheWVyRHVuZ2Vvbl9HcmVlbkJyaWNrRm95ZXJfM0Nvbm5lY3Rpb25zfHwoOC44MTQsIC0wLjAwMiwgMTMuODU2KXwoMCwgMCwgMCwgLTEpfDE0Ljc1MDN8MzcuODkyODV8MTAuNDE3ODI=

2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

This applies to all recipes that can use different variations of an ingredient. If you have a recipe that takes "3x Pole" for instance, and you have 5x Maple Pole and 32X Pine Pole in your inventory, the recipe will say either 5/3 or 32/3 (it's determined by alphabetical order of the variants' internal names I believe). Once one stack is gone, or has insufficient quantity to craft the recipe, it will display numbers corresponding to the next variant in line.

It's universal, from butchering recipes to tables and chairs to deco items and weapons/armor. It would be a great inconvenience to change this. If a player has, say 12 hardened straps and 12 supple straps, and wants to craft a recipe that uses 2 straps they can make sure the correct strap is on the table, max the qty to 6, and make all 6 possible pieces with that variant.

If the recipe were indiscriminate we'd not know if the strap type we selected was going to be auto-chosen for batch crafts even for the first 6, and the qty would now max at 12, possibly leading us to make silly mistakes if we didn't realize what exactly was in our inventory (many folks just pick up an entire chest of crafting materials and get going, for instance.)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    Anpu likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok yeah, I had forgotten this is a category listing, and it only counts each one separately. Please conifer this resolved. Thanks!

Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

verified. i talked to @DavidDC, he can make the ui count the whole category. i think that's better even if people have to start paying more attention to what they have on them, as this is not the first bug report there's been on it. moving to ui

Anpu likes this.
  5. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Yikes, we at least won't be able to start batches that use all the materials I hope? It would somewhat make sense if the change was confined to something like butchery, but it would be an absolute mess when trying to do regular crafting of weapons and armor.

I have a feeling these bug reports are going to just be replaced with e.g. "It says I can make 27 of this item, why will the batch count only go to 16?". Or if you can craft at once with all variant, much worse, things like "I tried to make some basic spears to level masterwork, and accidentally attached 800k gp worth of savage/mossy handles to copper spear heads."

6. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Still waiting on this btw, alley came back to me right after saying some people might actually like current feature for some reason as coswald mention so not doing anything until its all cleared up (if it has to stay like this it will!)

Anpu and Coswald_Dirthmire like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

okay, after feedback from a couple more players i'm gonna say leave it alone.

(it is gonna keep coming up, though...)

Coswald_Dirthmire and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.