1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[As Designed] When breaking down old Epics with a (L) you lose the item

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Galorn, Aug 18, 2023.

1. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

This has been an issue for a very long time. Old artifacts have an (L). If you salvage them at the blacksmithing table, you get the item back with an updated durability. All but old Epics. Any Epic with an (L) that gets broken down just returns ancient essence and an imbued jewel. I would love to break down my Epic Gauntlets or Lead so that I can enchant them (the old Epic only has a 75 durability), but as a test I just broke down a Maple Band Epic (L) and I lost the item. Can we please get a fix for this? This issue has been around for more than a year. Thanks

2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

I think the truth is we might have been given an accidental bonus. As I understand it the possible bug is that other Legacy artifacts accidentally break down to e.g. 50/50 (Max 150) durability instead of 50/50 (Max 50), but that may also be intended. Either way, it means we effectively get a second chance on MW/Enchanting them in certain situations, especially for pieces that don't hold or need much work, such as rings. The idea was never that we'd get a free 2nd pass on Epic artifacts after the legacy changes, though of course one does feel a bit left out if they combined to epic before the durability increases.

Legacy Epics salvaging to essences and gemstones is the intended behavior though, as per the tooltips and patch notes.

[​IMG]

• All existing artifacts that have tiers (Common through Legendary only) already present in player inventories and storage, are now considered “Legacy” artifacts. Their tooltip descriptions indicate instructions on how these items can be utilized going forward.
      • Legacy artifact tooltip descriptions are as follows: “This is a legacy version of this artifact, but it can still be equipped as is. To use this artifact in upgrade recipes, it must be salvaged to receive a low durability variant of the newer artifact version. That low durability variant can be used in upgrade recipes, and it can also be salvaged for Ancient Essences.”
      • The reason there are new versions of the same artifact (as well as all crafted gear items), is because if 50 durability was added to gear items already present in the game which had previously received an old exceptional bonus would receive an EXTRA 50 durability. And since artifacts are used in recipes to upgrade, to allow the crafting system to recognize matching artifacts for upgrade recipes, first the old Legacy artifacts must be converted to the new versions so the recipes can recognize that matching artifacts were in fact provided to the crafting table.
      • Old versions of Epic artifacts were not added to this Legacy salvage concept since they are not utilized in upgrade recipes. They will still salvage into essences as expected.

Clearly Epics are also now considered "Legacy" versions where appropriate, but overall this seems in keeping with the original intentions.

Anpu and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

coswald is right. this is as designed. you cannot upgrade epics into a higher tier, so there is no valid reason to salvage them except for jewels/essence.