1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Player Test Environment (QA Server) issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /devbug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)

[As Designed] When casting bard song, avatar does not play equipped instrument

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by palingard, Mar 24, 2020.

1. palingard

palingard Avatar

03/24/2020 20:46
    Title: Equipped Instrument does not play when casting bard song
    Reproduction Rate: 100% for my character (Erik Palin)
    Blocker? No
    Details: After learning bard songs, casting bard song in combat mode does not show instrument playing
    Steps to Reproduce: Equip instrument, cast bard song
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32658
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 7998
    SotA.QA.Win.64.972.Date.03.17.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Crafters Town
    Area Display Name: Crafters Town
    Loc: (136.7, 38.0, 143.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxDcmFmdGVycyBUb3dufCgxMzYuNzE1LCAzNy45OTcsIDE0My44NjMpfCgwLCAwLjk3MSwgMCwgLTAuMjM5KXw1MjkuMjQyOHw5Ljc1NDA0MXwxLjI1

I tried this with a normal lute and also purchased a Fleet Flute to test, effect was the same. Combat mode shows me with fists raised. Instrument animation does not play.

2. Mod Nightshade

Mod Nightshade Moderator

I think this is intended - as it is a "Song", so you are singing rather than playing an instrument. If you are in combat holding a weapon, holding an instrument would be difficult to do at the same time. But - that's what I think - I'll forward it up just in case they had a different intent.

3. Ravalox

Ravalox Dev At Large Moderator SOTA Developer

As Designed. This is a casted spell, rather than a song played on an instrument. The character holding an instrument would cause a delay in response to combat actions, so the animation does not include an instrument requirement.