Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Attacking from rock in Nightshade pass does no damage.

Discussion in 'Release 30 Dev+' started by Link_of_Hyrule, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

I was attacking some wolves that I shift clicked and even kept my target on with the flame arrow attack and it said it was doing damage although I feel like I was close enough that it should have caused damage and the actual animation went and hit the wolves. If I'm not supposed to be able attack from where I was at the system shouldn't let me lock on to my target however, I do feel like I was in range. Sorry I don't have the exact location I'm posting from what happened the other night while I was playing since I'm making other posts tonight.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

If I recall correctly, there is coding in place where you are unable to do damage to something if they are unable to attack back. So a melee attacker such as a wolf would need to be able to route to your location in order to allow you damage it.

Good point regarding the targeting though, that would make that effect much more obvious. :)

3. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

That's kind of dumb since realistically I could climb a rock and shoot something from that distance as long as it was in sight.

Bluefire likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If the target cannot damage you, you should not be able to damage them. Easy - Peazy

FrostII likes this.
  5. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Well I'm sure they'll fix it either way.

6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

True, but within the mechanics of a game, there would be no counter-balance to doing so.

Example : I once saw an individual standing atop a cliff, overlooking a spawn position for a pack of wolves. Each time a new wolf would spawn, the user would fire down on it, killing it, and gaining experience without any risk to themselves. Then they would simply wait for another wolf to spawn and repeat the process.

It might not be realistic, but there is some logic to it, from a gaming perspective. :)

Oba Evesor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.