Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Attunement

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Dorham Isycle, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

What does Attunement do for melee or archery. I'm an archer & I can't determine if any would be of any use to me.

2. Sand

Sand Avatar

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Attunement to a particular magic type will give you better resistance to attacks from that magic type. So for defensive purposes, it will help you as archer/melee.

Just keep in mind that raising attunement in one school of magic also gives you minus attunement in that schools opposite (usually 1/2).

So, if you raise your fire attunement to 100, you will have -50 attunement in water magic and so you will take much less damage from fire spells, but take more damage from water spells.

Some people think the best option is to level opposite attunement equally so the negatives cancel each other out but you still get 1/2 the full attunement in both schools of magic.

Fister Magee and Sand like this.
  4. Sand

Sand Avatar

You also want to look at the different spells that can be combined with your attacks (spell weaving). So if you want to increase the overall damage of a particular attack then you want to increase your attuenment in that tree. I am not sure what the spells are in particular but I am sure someone can give an example

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

min/maxers also have the option of brigning an opposing attunment up by half the value of the initial attunment. 100water attunment and 50 fire attunment give you 0 fire atunment and 50 water attunment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.