Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Audio Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 54 QA Feedback Forum' started by Feeyo, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I noticed that there are music silence moments. I love the silence moments!
    Not that I dislike the music, it gives a more ambiance feeling to the scenes now. Thank you for that! :)

But I do understand that a lot of players will not like it. Maybe add an option to enable/disable this?

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Alright so now that I have been playing for a while with the in game music totally turned off. Is there a possibility to add wind ambiance sound to the scenes and overworld where there is wind blowing through the tree's?
    Also I am missing nature sound effects, crickets, frogs, mosquito, owls and so on. :)

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i was relying on the music to cover the sound effects of my sword. ambient sounds, battle cries, sounds effects on objects like doors and traps, all that is fine and even useful. ...but without the music i can hear the whooshing sound of my sword skills, and if i have to choose i'll just turn all sfx off. there's no need for a blade to make ANY sounds other than actual contact, much less those.

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Good points.

I really wish they could balance the different sound channels, the combat sounds (buff included) are too loud and all the ambient and environment sounds too low.

@Bread Vendor, could please check the strength of these sounds to make them more comfortable? I love the ambient sound but in this game it feels like we always hear all combat stuff much more louder and its hard to enjoy all the sounds we have around us. Maybe adding a new sound channel/slider in options to split all combat sounds and ambient sounds into two separate channels?

I'm one of those players who gives a huge value to the sound quality in any game.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Hornpipe, Jaesun and Feeyo like this.
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I am also a sound fanatic, mostly world ambiance effects are my favorite.

Rada Torment likes this.
  6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Yea sound is an issue for me. Combat and music is loud, ambient very quiet and footfalls for me almost silent.. My Bose headphones have to be up at 80% for a decent level, speakers are fine at 10%. But the constant character and npc bizarre oos and aahs are always fine.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Also the sound for rivers at some places is so loud I have to immediately turn the volume of my mixing board off. Heh

A pass of the sounds and levels of them in game would be certainly be very welcome.

Elwyn likes this.
  8. Bread Vendor

Bread Vendor Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Our volume discrepancies are difficult to wrangle and track down sometimes, but we're always on the look out and adjusting where we can. Sometimes it's a matter of who attached the sound in a level, fx, object, or etc. A lot of hands have poked around implementing and tweaking sfx over the years, but we're actively trying to be more vigilant.

9. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Fully understandable, and happy to hear the different volume levels are a known thing.

Could you please try to push in more ambiance sound fx into the world map and scenes? :)

Bread Vendor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.