Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Auto Attack

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

There's no way to manage this feature anymore.

I can't tell when it's on or off.

The only way to turn it on is double clicking on mobs, which is a nightmare - because at this current time you must angle down as the curser is a bit high.

The "T" key no longer works.

The red display on my character name that displayed if auto attack was on and if it was in range doesn't work :(

Leelu likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You turn it on in the Game Controls and it replaces the Charged attack, true it visual clues suck but it still works as long as a target is in fron of you I stil shoot at it once I double click them, and other who use mele swing away :-( But again yeah the indicator sucks

Leelu likes this.
  3. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

You must double click? Why can't we bind a button like "T" like before?

Leelu likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It's probably CTRL+T by default. You can change the key binding in the options under "Toggle Attack".

Leelu likes this.
  5. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

I noticed this the other day that auto attack is just fine and after about 20 seconds or so the music will change and auto attack is off, and not swinging anymore until I dbl click again.

Leelu likes this.
  6. Noric

Noric Avatar

The double click mechanic and some of the targeting changes have made auto-attack seem easier to use to me - even if the UI elements aren't great for it.

Leelu likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

"T" is already bound, but with this new targeting other things work a little different... There's a check box under game for "forcing target mode in combat", if this is checked, then you are forced out of cursor mode when you press "Z" for combat, into the new target mode... Which is "free mouse look", just move the mouse to look (press no buttons), move by pressing the right mouse button, charge "free attack" by pressing left mouse button (and un-check the auto attack, under game), to get a cursor to loot, press "Tab" or just rotate so recitle is on corpse and dbl click... Pressing "S" no longer causes you to turn and run backwards, you just back peddle instead, easier to loot if you just back up a little...

-Tab target is gone...
    -The angle in front of you is set to 90 deg...
    -Your weapon must be in range of the target for auto attack to start, dagger needs to be very close, short swords, close, 2hd sword not so close, pole arms can strike at a distance...
    -Melee weapons can strike multiple targets, when using your special moves, my hali can hit 4 targets...
    -You can do a left dive, right dive, and back flip, if the check box under game is enable, just double tap "A, S, D"....

If your not close enough to the target, pressing "T" just takes you out of auto attack or you can dbl click the target in front of you (very quick dbl click, I miss it a lot myself), if they're hitting you and your just standing there not swinging, press "T" again once your swinging, you turn to the next target and continue to swing, but you must also turn your camera and face them, Chris says you don't have to have the rectile on them, just have them in front of you...

Un-checking the "Force target mode in combat" box just puts you back in the old target system without tab target, I don't use it, and am already happy with the changes...

Jarl Atogrim likes this.
  8. Crazy Phil

Crazy Phil Avatar

I would like the option to hold left mouse for Auto-Attack... feels great, especially in games like Dungeons & Dragons Online. Although, if Free Attack ever starts feeling productive again, I won't bother trying to get used to... egghh... Auto-Attack *shiver*.

Leelu likes this.
  9. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Or you can press numpad * (by default) and it will say on the screen Autoattack Enabled or Autoattack disabled.

10. Hammershtein

Hammershtein Avatar

I guess it seems like a hole lot of work to do the exact same actions, although now all the buttons are spread even further apart on my keyboard. I think all of this could be fixed super easy. By allowing us to change all the keybinds to allow a style of play we choose but been asking for that along time don't see it happing. If there was a game for them to copy this style of combat from it would be DARKFALL

Leelu likes this.
  11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If it helps, I rebind it to "G", so it's closer to "T". That allows me to switch between auto <-> charge mode and also be able to turn auto attack on and off at ease.

Leelu likes this.
  12. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I don't understand how auto attack works? As far as I can tell I'm meant to just keep clicking madly to attack, ala U8.

Is that right? I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Leelu likes this.
  13. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Works fine for me, I use it every time I am in combat.

14. Noric

Noric Avatar

Three replies in a row - starting to feel like I'm following you. Anyway, by default autoattack is turned off. In the menu or using a hotkey(numpad *) you can activate. At that point you can double-click mobs or hit an assigned hotkey(not sure if T default is still around) to activate it.

15. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I'm pretty sure I've never turned it on but my sword never swings. I don't care; I'm a mage, and maybe it's because I'm casting spells, but my melee weapon used to attack all the time while I was casting spells several releases ago.

I don't mind being stalked with helpful advice ;)

16. helm

helm Avatar

Right now it's not easy to tell whether or not auto attack is "active" or not (after the auto attack mode has been selected, either from the game options or the '*' key). I remember having seen somewhere that some kind of indicator for this has been planned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.