Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Autoattack in town doesnt always work.

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by brhanson2, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

When I zone into Ardoris I unsheath my weapon (Z) and turn on auto attack (T) to kill the chickens for feathers on way to bank. I see a chicken, hit G to target and auto attack wacks it. Sometimes I dont auto attack until I kill one by using a skill, then subsequent ones seem to work normally.

2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I believe this mechanic is working as intended, @brhanson2. You should be able to "g" on each animal to auto attack it, but it won't automatically attack one, unless you target it. I've been running around Ardoris killing every chicken I can find, and it seems to be working normally. Please reply if you are not able to auto attack a chicken having targeted it with "g", or clicked it. Thanks so much :D

3. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

I dont think it is working as intended because for me it is intermittent. Sometimes I come into town and with auto attack on it will auto attack a chicken as soon as I hit G. Other times I have to hit G then manually attack. I dont care which way it works, but it should be consistant.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

5. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Actually I dont. Just tried it. These are the exact steps I did:

Zoned into Ardoris, took boatman to Square. Hit Z, then T. Ran up to a chicken hit G, he became my target, I swung immediately without clicking any other buttons. Keeled him.

The problem apparently that I have discovered is "sometimes" the auto attack of innocents doesnt work.

6. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Make sure you have the right animal targeted with "g". I just went back to try to reproduce your issue, and sometimes what's happening is that when I do "g" to target an animal, it's marking one beside or nearby the one I think I have, so no auto attack happens unless I've selected the one in front of me. The red reticle still appears because I am in range of that animal, but the auto attack won't take over unless I've selected it with "g" or clicked it to hard target.

7. brhanson2

brhanson2 Avatar

Ive been watching the reticle. Hit Z, T, stand next to chicken and hit G till it targets the one next to me. Sometimes it swings, sometimes I have to initiate combat. Its not consistant.

Another poster said chickens should not be autoattacked at all (an innocent). If this is the case that fix is not working consistently as intended. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt.

8. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I will submit this to the team for reveiw, @brhanson2. Thanks for the report :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.