Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Automated Phonographs

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Andrew Silverston, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

1. Title: Issue with Automated Phonographs
    2. Reproduction Rate: Always
    3. Blocker? Blocker for music?
    4. Details: Ornate Automated Phonograph doesn't transmit the song to the whole map. You can BARELY hear any sound coming out of it and ONLY if you stand right on top of it. It doesn't broadcast music to the whole map in POT like Broadcast Phonograph does.
      Please make Ornate Automated Phonograph to broadcast songs to the whole map in Dynamic POT? Its quite pricey to just sit on my lawn and make barely recognizable sound if you are right on top of it.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Place Ornate Phonograph and play it. Sounds like the sound is coming out of the phonograph, but can barely here it. Do a few steps back, and you can't hear anything any longer.
    6. User Specs: AMD 4Ghz, 8 core CPU; GTX 980 4GB GPU; 32GB RAM; Windows 7 Ultimate 64x bit.

2. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Andrew, as I understand it, the Phonograph you are talking about is suppose to ONLY transmit within your lot.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is behaving as designed. Only the Broadcast Automated Phonograph is intended to be heard across the entire POT.

4. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I purchased it hoping that it works similar to Broadcast one. Your description in the store says nothing about the limitations to a plot boundaries (I can't hear it even few steps away from it, I am not even mentioning about town lot boundaries. Whats the point of this phonograph playing continuously if it can't broadcast? I'll be submitting a ticket for return on the basis of misguiding description or lack of it, as far as limitations go. You have to include these kinds of limitations in the description of an item you sell for real money. I mean why would I pay 45$ for something that i can barely hear on my own lot??? Does it really makes sense to you, guys?

Unlike a normal phonograph which can only play one wax cylinder at a time this ornately engraved metal phonograph allows you to store up to sixteen of your favorite wax cylinder music recordings and will play them as a random playlist. Includes one recorded wax cylinder.

(NOTE: You will need a Property to place this item in-game; Available in-game in Release 28, starting March 31, 2016))

Ticket Submitted.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback. We take these reports seriously, and look forward to our support staff assisting you swiftly.

6. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Thank you for your understanding. Hopefully we can resolve this to our both sides satisfaction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.