Available Unity Assets Packs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raxhelm, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

For Developer tier (and above)

"SotA will release Unity content packs for download by those at the Developer tier (and above)! These Unity content packs contain a large number of* game assets which can be used, free of charge in your own creations."​

Is there a link which describes the currently available Unity Assets Packs? Can somebody describe to me what they think of the Unity Assets Packs? Is this something that the developers have been active with or has it lagged behind due to other priorities?

I would consider upgrading to Edelmann (the cheapest developer tier which is not expired) if the assets pack is very interesting. I currently don't have Developer tier access.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Theres some out there. Its not very up to do though, has yes priorities have shifted to focus on final wipe.

Theres some good ones out there depending on what you want to do, the player/character asset pack is outdated due to the new character models.
    But most of the world asset packs are pretty straight forward though may be lacking in some new additions.
    Last one I think I remember them adding was a pack for all the resolute assets, pipes/fans/ext/electric stuff.

what are you looking to create?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

Here's the list as of Dec 2015.
    • Clockwork Pets
    • Automaton
    • Chess & Checkers Set
    • Wind and Geothermal Power
    • All Avatar Animations
    • Male/Female Royal Founder/Founder Armor Sets
    • Male/Female Leather and Cloth Armor Sets
    • Platemail and Helms
    • Female Plates and Helm
    • 3ds Max Rigged Avatar model
    • Furniture Pack
    • Unity Asset House Pack #1
    • Unity Asset House Pack #2
    • Crafting Table Pack
    • Dungeon Kit
    • Dungeon Props

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

I am interesting in making a virtual reality dungeon demo for the Oculus Rift.

Birko and Time Lord like this.
  5. autodeath

autodeath Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

Oh, that's really bad. I am glad I learned of this now. I almost upgraded and would have been hugely disappointed if I did not get the Unity Assets packs. I read that "Dev+ Forum Access will be added to the Edelmann Pledge Tier" but Dev+ is much less interesting to me than the Unity Assets packs. I guess I have to find a developer or higher pledge on the Market that already had rights to the Unity Assets packs. This is really strange, I don't know why they would expire t he Unity Assets Packs.

Since anyone with the assets packs can do what they want with them as long as they give credit can't they publish them on the forums here?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Birko

Birko Avatar

I'll support you with this !
    VR is not on the current road map, but would love to explore the tangential "off streets".

Old post link :

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

I downloaded the Public Dungeon Kit Package
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/public-dungeon-kit-package.3413/
    and loaded it into Unity and setup the VR. It's pretty awesome exploring this in VR.

I get the impression that SotA has sorta abandon the Unity crowd-sourcing. There don't appear to be many Unity Asset packs, some of them I think are incompatible with Unity 5, and they don't seem to do the unity tutorials anymore. It seems it was something they though of in 2013 and changed their mind afterwards. They were originally suppose to release them monthly.

I already have several assets I have purchased from the assets store. But not much alone the fantasy line. There is a lot of other dungeon content on the Unity Assets store I could get but it would be better to use the SotA theme.

I'm considering buying a pledge that has the Unity Assets from the Market but it costs a lot and I'm not sure how much value there is in the Unity Assets compared to what I can get for 300 to 500 USD already from the Unity Assets store. Do you have Dev+ access? If so how helpful are the Dev+ threads?

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

You would be correct.

Not very. In fact, the only real difference at this point is early access to releases, which will be a moot point after final wipe anyway.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

Have you looked at the Unity Assets Packs in Unity. How much value do you think they are worth compared to what is already available on the Unity Assets store?

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

The packs themselves are good, for the most part. The avatar pack, in particular, is excellent - it comes combined with several hundred dollars' worth of animation clips, very useful. The original dungeon pack, while workable, was a bit messy technically... but it got the job done.

The packs are definitely what made the dev+ pledge level worth the investment.

Raxhelm and Time Lord like this.
  12. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

@Bubonic a post previously said "the player/character asset pack is outdated due to the new character models". Is this what you mean by the avatar pack? Does it work well in Unity 5? As I understand it some of these packs were created for Unity 4 and some for Unity 5. Meshes usually convert fine but I think animations may not necessarily convert so well.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Yes that is what I meant. It may have been outdated, and not represent the current version of the Avatar available in-game, but what was supplied works well. I am using unity 5, and have been able to re-purpose the character in my own project (including animations).

Time Lord and Raxhelm like this.
  14. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

@Bubonic , what are you creating with the SotA Unity assets?

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Time Lord and Raxhelm like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.