1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tahru, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am suggesting this is jest. Mainly because I think SoTA could use a little more differentiation to attract more players. I could be wrong though. I am just sharing the idea.

Consider SoTA supporting
    • Marriage where either spouse shares the sir name.
    • Children (possible grown, or teens) played by any volunteer avatar or alt (even from one of the parent's accounts). Purely RP.
    • Divorce, where either spouse changes the sir name.

Those three features can lead to family trees and family feuds. It could be a waste of time or evolve into something much more.

Just a thought...

2. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Just a heads up, did some post cleanup, removing three posts. Please keep the thread on topic without social commentary ...

No one's in trouble for the posts we removed and though I am sure they were posted in jest, they were not helping in the discussion of the OP's suggestion.

Tahru and Anpu like this.
  3. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

I've often pondered how a family system could work in different game worlds.. many many moons ago I thought a good backer reward would've been a reserved, giftable surname that could be spread slowly (probably based on the newer player's account age and or a limited number of gifts per month or quarter or some such) from player to player, shown (or ordered) and hidden at will. properly controlled, the family trees could be fascinating. we'd probably end up with vampire and werewolf clans, though :d

Tahru likes this.
  4. delous123

delous123 Avatar

I think surnames/families would be great. I am also fine with children but that often goes into dangerous territory with mmos.

Tahru likes this.