Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Omegaflux, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

After reviewing the Tech talk episode where Chris discussed Attunement and resist calculations, I began to feel the desire to be able to analyze my in-game adversaries to determine their Attunements and/or resistances.

I would like to be able to level a skill that I can use on an enemy and through experience and increase in level plus number of times I analyze a similar creature, it provides me progressively more important knowledge on what their attunements and resistances are so I can adjust my fighting style and use of skills/spells.

Thanks

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Combat chat log?

Sorry, I don't mean to sound snippy, but this can generally be puzzled out by reviewing your chat logs vs. certain creatures after a fight. If a skill/spell hits for way less than it normally does on most creatures, then you can ascertain they have higher resistance to that type of spell/skill. If something hits for more than usual... you know to use it more often vs. that type of creature in the future.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

Perhaps it could be in kind of journal form.
    Your char could write down impressions on mobs you has fought.

Stundorn likes this.
  4. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

@Daxxe Diggler, It's all good, that's not being snippy..I take no issue with fellow players' opinions on the ideas here. That's how we make things better.
    That being said, I did consider the ways one can already determine what attunements and resistances through existing mechanics and a little effort. Maybe I am being nostalgic about skills from UO such as Anatomy, Eval Intel, Animal Lore ect and would like to see a more advanced and perhaps hybrid of these skill types that applies to the attunement and resist aspects of SotA.

@curt use of the journal is an interesting thought..

I was trying to decide where the skill would fit in existing skill architecture: Analyze Creature could be under the Focus tree branched off heightened awareness. When used at low level it provides a text box of the creatures basic stat and class type (would require higher level based on creature difficulty), Once the skill is 80-gm or so it could provide the exact attunements and resistance/weaknesses.

If someone wanted to explore it further there could be other benefits from the skill.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Love it.

Stundorn likes this.
  6. Cream2

Cream2 Avatar

like anatomy from UO ?

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

would just take any play right out of the game player would just find things they can kill easily and avoid all others.

Just fine as it is as there is at least SOME effort needed to figure things out thru play and not just a mouse over.

Sorry but I like to fight things and figure out that Fire did not work so well and neither did a sword but the guy I was with has a hammer and just beat the crap out of them.>...

8. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

Good point @Weins201, definitely do not want to let a skill take the challenge out of the hunt.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.