Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Avera....Is there a counter?

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Toadster, Apr 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I can understand making something more difficult, as it should be but there comes a point where difficulty really isn't difficulty it is just an overwhelming annoyance. Avera has an area affect that causes you to lose HP if you use Focus. Interesting affect, can make things difficult but, what is the counter this, cant remove with purify burst, no remove curse, no resist.... is the expectation that people go in with archery run around in circles in Auto-attack until it is dead? Put in some sort of resistance or curse removal that cost focus and makes it difficult but will allow for focus use... If someone knows a counter for this that can help... it be great..

FrostII likes this.
  2. Caree Death

Caree Death Avatar

Shady Death & I have it worked out to where we can kill Avara in about 10 minutes. He's full archery & I'm full mage. Ice field, stacks of healing grace & ring of fire. But.. I also love a good challenge :)

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I can see an archer (or melee person) using autoattack, but what is your mage doing ?

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

avara makes me love fortify defenses: no focus cost, no damage!

5. Caree Death

Caree Death Avatar

I stand in one spot.. Stack Ice Field, Ring of Fire & Healing Grace. If I do anything else, i'd end up killing myself. But, we make it work!

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Tactics vs avara. If you have death at decent levels, you can use death ray death touch and get healed back the hp you lose from the focus transfer. If you use a melee weapon, invest in off hand attack, it takes no focus. Get your buffs up before the aura hits you. If using a bow auto attacks and fully charge free attacks.

7. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Yeah I found that healing Grace is about the only heal spell that gives you a net positive to health after focus use. But to me casting a 5 stack of fire field and running him through it until he is dead is not a challenge it is an annoyance.....

Would love a remove curse or a resist curse that could be trained and applied so that it adds difficulty..

Windmane and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.