Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Backback / Vendor Selling Change Request

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by r-DotPhunky, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

As a player of SotA I would like to request new features as follows:

1. Mark items picked up in a player's backpack as "Vendor Sell". These items are items which can be sold automatically the next time the player visits the vendor.

2. At NPC vendors add a new button that says "Buy All" in the "Sell" interface. This button when pressed would purchase all the items from a player's backpack that are marked for "Vendor Sell" - even if there are more than 50 items to sell.

This enhances the game in a number of ways:
    - Saves the player time, mouse movements and clicks - less clicks = better!
    - Saves transactions associated to loading the vendor multiple times to sell more than 50 items at a time
    - Increases player satisfaction

Thank you for reading!
    Romaan Sebulska

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that could be less than useful given that some vendors pay more for some things than others. i do not want to sell my potions to the weaponsmith: i won't get a good deal.

Chatele likes this.
  3. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

How many times do you wind up with enough potions to warrant this kind of action, though?

The idea is meant to cover a different scenario... you have 30 bows, a bunch of hammers and a dagger or two to sell... not 3 or 4 potions...

An alternative is to increase the max# of items that can be sold per visit. Either way - the hope is to decrease the amount of clicking/waiting/interacting a user has perform to achieve a goal.

4. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

I dont see how this reduces clicks, I would still have to click to mark the items in my backpakc for sale... also ss Alley said I prefer to only sell items to vendors I know will pay me a good coin, not necessarily the forst vendor i visit.

5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I like the idea of marking thinks in backpack (Not for Sale) though, as to not accidentally sell something I wanted to keep, Trust me, it happens when in a hurry ..... This feature was in another game I played, and I loved it .... And by the way it's your option to use this feature or not .....

uhop likes this.
  6. uhop

uhop Avatar

Yeah, I think there is something to it: specially named backpacks, which can be treated in a special way. @Chatele's "Not for Sale" is one. I see "For Sale" (similar to what @r-DotPhunky suggested) handled like that: when I am at a vendor, it opens automatically, so I can drag items I want to sell. Additionally (like @r-DotPhunky has proposed) it may have a button "Sell All".

Another possible use is to sort acquired items (bought or looted) automatically according to labels, e.g., "For: food", "For: reagents", "For: generic weapons", "For: generic armor", "For: ore", "For: wood", "For: keys", and so on.

If those "smart" names are well-documented, I imagine they can help automate and organize inventory.

BTW, such specialized containers have a precedent in Ultimas. For example, we used to have bags for coins and gems only in U6 (?). They didn't sort things automatically, but didn't allow to put there anything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.