Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Balance is now OFF Balanced--For Ranger

Discussion in 'Release 58 Feedback' started by Lady Kathleen, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I mostly play offline: Before this patch as a Ranger I would try to get higher that the target and a lot of the time I would use rocks and things to hide behind. This method was working well for me even in offline to be able to hold my own.

Today after the patch:
    1) Hide behind a rock I can't target the enemy or loose a target of the enemy.
    2) Hide behind a rock the enemy can shoot threw the rock to hit me full force (with no cover noted)
    3) Jump on a rock or anything for high advantage boost. my shots are a 0 (Zero)

The enemy already a lot of the time have tons more hit points that I do, and can hit me for more than I can ever hit them. The Enemy mostly gang up on me instead of hitting a companion that is right in front of them hitting on them.

I understand that there is Many people that play that want harder and harder game play.

But I wanted some what more balanced..

The biggest complain is the part that I can no longer hit ANYTHING if I jump up higher than the enemy

Gia2, Chatele, Montaigne and 7 others like this.
  2. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

The other thing I noticed.. while doing a siege...
    I would hit the boss guy and back up and jump over "anything" like a wall or rock or anything with any height at all.
    and the Boss would reset back to the starting spot.

I think some of the new "Fixes" have gone overboard to one style of play which would make all players even rangers and mages be a tank.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There has been a steady stream of changes that have completely eliminated ranged as a viable skillset.

4. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Balance is now off balanced for Tanks as well. Everything is clearly more difficult now. I don't remember reading anything about that in the release notes but baddies who used to be green for me are yellow again. It's extremely discouraging when they do this.

Imagine if you are a weight lifter: You set your goal to get to a 350 pound bench press... and then when you reach it, you're suddenly weaker and drop back to 250 pounds. It's rewarding when you reach a goal and get to set a new, higher goal. It's not rewarding (for me) to take several steps forward and then get set back by 100 yards.

5. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I totally Agree with you on this.. Nothing worse than feeling like you finally are making headway to be suddenly stuck in the mud.

it is almost a feeling right now as if the Dev's are on the Mobs team and once we started winning they changed the rules in the mob's favor..

6. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

fixed

By Tor likes this.
  7. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

I just put in a hotfix to make it so that if an enemy can hit you with an attack then you can damage it; should be pushed to live within a patch or two. We are trying to prevent exploits where you can stand on a rock and hit creatures but they cannot fight back.

Jaesun, Witcheypoo, Echondas and 2 others like this.
  8. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

Thank you.. What your explaining about how they can hit you but you can not hit them was the most aggravating.

I can understand the exploit fix but it went way to far the other way..

Chatele, Mishikal, Witcheypoo and 2 others like this.
  9. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

wait, what? so I'll be able to shoot around coners and hit mages that are hitting me around corners?

10. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

Not quite. Line-of-site requirements have not changed.

11. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

So don't you think it is about time for those mages or archers that can blast you threw rocks and around corners to also have a line-of-sire requirement?

Cirsee, calkano (PAX) and Chatele like this.
  12. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I logged on the offline to test things again.. I am using sieges to test as I was able to complete them in offline before the patch.. they were very hard but I was able to at least finish them.

Today after the Update and said fix.

All engineers which were 1/2 green and 1/2 yellow are all now yellow (even though I gained a level) and they hit me twice as hard as they hit me before the patch.
    (the Boss now also hits me for 4 times the amount that he could hit me for before)
    The boss mob I can kite him about but as soon as I get him down 100 to 200 points he resets back to spawn point with full health.
    Also I am not jumping on rocks and at the point he resets I am not moving around.
    He is not reaching a tether point as he on his own going out much farther than the area I am in.
    If I hang about the reset point he takes off to the defenders area and does not come back,
    but as soon as I follow him to where he is as and hit him for 100 points he resets back to reset point.

Now I don't expect to be able to win every fight in the game but I do expect in a solo game to be able to have a more fair and balanced fight.

This is not "Fun" anymore. It is more like a Halloween Nightmare.

I guess it is time for me to start working on my cross stitch which is very boring and time consuming but at least in the end I will have something to show for my effort.

[​IMG]

13. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Same feeling here. It's as if they're intentionally running the players that are still here off.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    Mishikal and calkano (PAX) like this.
  14. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

No one is intentionally running anyone off. They need our help to fix these problems, and they are human beings who need time with their families on the weekend.

Pretty much self-explanatory.

If I wanted a perfect MMO/RPG I would not have gone to LB or KS to find one. I am here now to see what we get as polish continues to increase over the coming years.

So report bugs because anecdotal impressions aren't as useful as quality bug reports.

15. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I wasnt just making anecdotal impressions. In my post above I explained the problem I have with the changes they continue to make that is hurting the game, in my opinion. I can't report it as a bug since it's a deliberate change on their part.

Pretty much self- explanatory.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  16. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

I agree no point in a bug reports if the changes are deliberate....

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  17. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

While Ive found it seems next to all mobs are harder, i dont feel any less capable than I did before, maybe because I wasnt living in zones that were marked 10+ but ive taken out 6 900+ hp mobs as a 600 hp ranger admittedly I swear they had way less than that as I had previously 1 shotted some of them but, surely this all is expected with xp at twice the rate, people creaming 1M xp an hour off things (btw some of us get 100k and are happy with that) if everyones gonna end up in 10+ zones, they have to make things harder because the long term dedicated players are running out of "challenge" to their game?

18. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Here's a good example:

I'm adventurer level 91 nearly-pure archer, and am about 20+ levels beyond the point where I finished the game, and even further past the point where I last visited the Obsidian Forge in the Hilt. I found that area challenging, but managed to reforge the lens solo.

Now... at level 91... I can't get past the crypt level with the lich mage without just dying to the lich mage and ghosting down to the next ankh.

This skipped right past "less capable" and straight to "infuriatingly frustrating".

Note: the main difference between my 21+ levels earlier and me now, is almost all in skills directly related to ranged attack, not magic or other skill bases.

19. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

You just summed up what I have been feeling just lately .....

Witcheypoo likes this.
  20. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

They have been re-balancing the zones. This is why greens are now yellow in some zones. Skulls for zones have been updated so its just a matter if too hard to find a lower area. Looks at the Rise its now buffed up and much harder. Many zones are harder which is a good thing. As to ranges / mages. I play pure mage and game play well harder has not changed much. My archer still works fine. only major change they did is if a mob can't get to you ie you are on a rock or building the mobs will check paths and if there is no path there they start to run back. This seems to only affect melee types. Ranged class mobs still shoot you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.