Balloon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nox Haven, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

I purchased one of those big fancy balloon decorations. Then I went and placed it on my home that is on an island on the paxlair map style. The problem is the balloon wont render till I am 15 yards from it. At that point it will stay visible. However, say I entered the map normally and just walked out to the coastal dock, the balloon will not be visible. In fact, many of the buildings in town slowly render as I walk up to them. Green houses just suddenly appear as I walk through the map, etc...

A decoration as expensive as a balloon should be able to be visible without having to get within 15 yards of it first.

Please note I have one of the fastest and most expensive GPU card on the market sitting in a PC the price of a small car. I have the settings for the game completely maxed out. This issue is present when playing on my gaming PC as well as my day to day work Mac. I can't think of a reason this problem would be on my end.

Is this normal for everyone? Anyone own a balloon and have the same problem of being unable to view the decoration from a long distance when first entering a scene?

Koldar and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Do you have a house on the property? If not, that's your issue. Deco items do not load until you are close to them unless there is a house on the lot. Placing a house on the lot will increase the render distance. That's what we've determined with a guildy's property at least. His vendor, battle banners, and greenhouses were not visible from the road through town. So he bought a kobold tower (small footprint) and put it on the property. Now the stuff on his lot can be seen from the road.

Nadomir, Nox Haven and Fister Magee like this.
  3. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I think as they are adding LOD models now some of them seem to be working too close.

Nox Haven likes this.
  4. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

The property is a Founder Duke Island Keep. It has the largest Founder Duke Home on it. The balloon is within the castle walls. I can't see it till I swim within 15 yards of the wall.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

It's not a problem with lod for the balloon. It's culling it because it's culling lot deco. Place it off a lot and see how far away you can see it.

Nox Haven likes this.
  6. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

How do I place it off a lot? I don't exactly catch your meaning with this. It only gives me the option to place it on the lot I own.

Fister Magee likes this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Seems a lot of these decos are made with POT owners in mind, not lot owners? If so I'd want a refund. Are other objects like this as well? Should this information be placed somewhere on the addon store? OR am I totally wrong?

Nox Haven likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Is it your town?

Nox Haven likes this.
  9. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

My Island Keep is in a NPC town.

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Maybe it's a bug. :) Try reporting it.

Nox Haven likes this.
  11. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

kk thanks.

12. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Very interesting... never noticed that items on lots don't show as often as POT decos.

Nox Haven likes this.
  13. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

On the video setting, uncheck the full interior deco and then check the aggressive load, maybe that will help.

Since your balloon is dynamic item, not static, it will take additional time to load and render. The game client doesn't really care how much one pays for each deco item, though.

Looking forward to more optimization, perhaps just preload and render the dynamic content at load screen might work? I'm not sure...

Nox Haven likes this.
  14. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

I tried all the variations of the video settings. No dice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.