Bang and buck with housing

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Père Fouettard, Oct 3, 2013.

?

How important is it to you that housing be developed beyond what we've seen so far?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2013.
  1. Housing is crucial for online and offline SotA. Spare no expense!

20.4%
  2. Housing is up there in my top 3-5 concerns. I would balance further Dev resources between those.

38.8%
  3. Housing is important but I wouldn't dedicate more than leftover resources to further development.

18.4%
  4. I'm happy with the system the way it has been described so far.

17.5%
  5. Housing is of so little importance to me that I'm not even sure why I bothered voting.

4.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Extract From the Plot deed in Add-on shop:

There is only a finite amount of land in SotA, and the available property deeds are going fast. If you purchase your Village Lot Property Deed through the Add-On Store, you will have lot placement priority over everyone else that waits until SotA launches before they purchase a property deed.

(NOTE: Village Lot Properties will not be exclusive to the Add-On Store, and may also be available in the game. Village Lot Property Deeds purchased through the Add-On Store will have an in game currency tax that must be paid monthly or the lot reverts to being for sale and the Lot Deed is returned to the owner. Backers at Citizen level and above receive a tax exempt Lot Deed. All lot deeds are transferable between players. First priority will be given to backers for lot choice. The order will be determined by amount of pledge. Backers will be given an exclusive window to choose their lots. Each backer can choose exactly one lot during the window. The next window will be given to those who purchase lots from the Add On Store. After that window lot choice will be open to all players )

my interpretation of this is that it will be a cash add-on with a few very rare loot drops.

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

The one thing that really stands out as important to me is the waterfront property.

WATER FRONT PROERTY SHOULD ALLOW HAVING A LIGHT HOUSE AND HAVE A HOUSE ON THE PROPERTY. The devs need to make the change in policy and do whatever scripting is needed to come through on this.

Far too many of us supporters that paid the big bucks to support this game durring kickstarter were under the impression that if we are fortunate enough to aquire a waterfront lot we get a houseboat and a house. I don't care if it doesn't add a full house's worth of extra storage either. Let it add some storage capacity, but we need to have both.

Some people even pledged more than the ammount of their pledge so they could get earlier placement rights. So not having both waterfront lighthouses, boats, and castles to go with your land property is a problem We should get both.

OSullivan likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Sure, like I said, if that's what they want to do in addition to allowing it to be bought with in-game currency. As far as lot deeds dropping from MOB or NPC kills? Sure, if they want to reward some very lucky player. That deed might even have a claim to existing land already too.

Yep, I'm sure that disappointed quite a few people. As they haven't yet revealed any actual waterfront property models in-game yet...you never know? Hope for the best and they've either solved their technical issues or found a way around it....

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I think housing - when implemented well - creates an attachment to the game. So it is important.

I wouldnt want to see other game play compromised though.

Shroud of the Avatar needs to be innovative in other ways too, IMHO.

5. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

[quote="smack, post: 74870, member: 14674"...

Yep, I'm sure that disappointed quite a few people. As they haven't yet revealed any actual waterfront property models in-game yet...you never know? Hope for the best and they've either solved their technical issues or found a way around it....[/quote]

Actually they already stated in another thread that we don't get both the lighthouse and the house on a waterfront property. They said they would have to change things on their end to make that possible.

So it has been revealed, but they might change it because so many people were mislead and it makes a big difference. There's no point in trying to get a waterfront property if it is either or. The have got to change that so we can have both.

6. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, that's what I meant. Starr did say there were technical issues with allowing two homes on one plot of land so there was definitely an uproar around that. I felt they should have simply given all Founders with property two plots of land (one water, one land) to compensate due to technical issues on their end. Or, they solve their technical issues, which is why I had hoped they were working on all this time and hadn't yet revealed any waterfront home models in-game. Although the 6-month demo did not give much hope based on the town layout seen.

I'm still of the opinion and strongly feel that unless they solve their technical issues that they should give Founders that own property both a waterfront deed and a land deed. A compromise may be they get both types of deeds but can only activate one at launch. As waterfront property was a Founders-only reward, this is only about 750 Founders who owned property. This is such an inconsequential amount that they could easily give away while gaining long term good will from the community. In my opinion, it's the right thing to do.

From Portalarium's website, here:
    Our Purpose: To provide fun games and virtual worlds that foster community, good will, learning, and people playing together

Sir Frank likes this.
  7. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

they should just make the lots larger for the waterfont lots. So a waterfront village property should be long enough to place a house on land and place a lighthouse if you have one. Otherwise the land portion should be identical to the size of the land portion of a normal lot. If we place a lighthouse only then how do we get to our basements?

8. smack

smack Avatar

That's the problem. Their underlying tech does not allow for two houses on a single parcel of land even if that plot covers both water and land. And they certainly haven't answered the 500 questions regarding basements and waterfront property either :)

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

how about if the lighthouse or houseboat etc, is not considered a house. It should be considered something waterfont specific, and make the waterfront portion next to your plot act as an extension of your property. They would have to code something new, and it's nessisary. Even if the settler to that waterfont isn't an early founder they could still aquire the waterfront specific additions by buying it off of one of the founders.

10. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Its seems all you backers with the large City Plots will not be satisfied until they give you everything, Whenever I mention no-one should have more than 1 plot per account.Im told to live it, because they can change their business model to suit anytime,but the majority have to accept the fact the Plots will now be sold off in any amount you wish to own.
    And as so many Lords & Barons keep telling me HOUSING is not important to playing the game, so this time you should accept your own advice and live with it.

derek6665 (Baldrith) and Atlaua like this.
  11. smack

smack Avatar

Since you ignored the point being made, I'll repeat it.

All Founders with property, which means Citizens and above who have village properties or larger should be treated equally so it's not a select few. All Founders who have property are affected, not just a select few city owners. Some have expressed their discontent regarding either misinterpretation of rewards or technical limitations on Portalarium's end to fulfill them. This has nothing to do with some city plot owners wanting everything for no reason. It has everything to do with creating good will for your backers when the terms weren't clarified during the campaign. It has nothing to do with your issue.

Sir Frank and Gluuven like this.
  12. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

All founders were given a property deed and house, you say you should now have been given 2 so you can have a house and a lighthouse so theat means the coastline in all V/T/C has a line of lighthouses.
    A lighthouse is to warn of dangers at sea not as a decorative effect for Housing.
    You also want them to concentrate funding and time on sorting out a technical detail so you can place 2 houses on your waterfront Plots were will you moor your big ships do we need a Founders Marina creating.

derek6665 (Baldrith) and Atlaua like this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

Not quite. As those are only deeds, there are still a limited number of waterfront plots based on town layouts. We all saw that in the 6-month demo. The order in which you are able to claim land with your deed will determine who gets those waterfront properties first. But the terms of the reward can still be satisfied.

14. Gluuven

Gluuven Avatar

15. smack

smack Avatar

16. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

A uniquely identifiable Founder's, waterfront Knightly Lighthouse, sitting on an island, attached to your Village property by a bridge (**Village waterfront lots available to Village, Town, or City property deed holders; higher value pledges have lot selection priority over lower value pledges**)

17. Gluuven

Gluuven Avatar

To go against that theory of simply pledging more give priority the way the information for the lighthouse is listed while logged on the main site is listed is differently than from the KS page.

A uniquely identifiable Founder's, waterfront Knightly Lighthouse, sitting on an island, attached to your Village property by a bridge (**Village waterfront lots available to Village, Town, or City property deed holders; early founders and higher value pledges have lot selection priority **)

OSullivan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.