Bank

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, May 24, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I use the bank a lot to store stuff and move it between my characters easily.

However despite already expanding the bank slots available not once but several times, it alwways grows too small soon and require manual curbing.

One of the reasons is location.

Every item sent into the bank has it´s location saved and for that location does not automatically merge with the same items already in the bank that have a different location listed.
    e.g. Silver Ore merges without problems when merging manually, but if I have SIlver Ore (placed in Bank in ATOS) and Silver Ore (sending to bank in CELESTIS) then I have two items or even three when I put some silver ore in the bank in Ardoris...

Some items in the bank that gather up over time are there half a dozen times - and in the bank there is no "Consolidate Stacks" command like in the inventory to sum all of them up with two clicks.

Location has been useful as long as "the bank" was a local storage place and each bank´s storage seperate from any other bank. For roleplaying reasons I would understand if it would be wanted to have local storages again.

As long as there is no local bank anymore but only one bank saving the location where one has put something into that bank to create multiple stacks of the same item with different locations no sense to me.

If as location only "DA BANK" (or something more sensible) would be used would that not mean that any items put in the bank from inventory would auto-merge instead of having to manually merge the stacks later?

2. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Location can be really useful sometimes too though - eg if you send a whole lot's contents to the bank, sort by location to very easily separate out that stuff..

Anpu, Lained, jrs99 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings
    I have run into that problem as well. My main place to access my bank is my POT and when I want to open a chest that is stored there when in another town it transfers that chest to my inventory. It is a simple task though to just move it back to the bank in what ever town I am in after i get stuff out of it. If you have multiple caches of ore stored in several location just click on then and copy all contents of chest to one folder and then put that chest back in the bank. it is really quick to have it go to your inventory then put it back in bank.

Scanphor likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This possibly could be a Wishlist request in the Wishlist forums where a default option could be selected on HOW items returned to a bank are location labeled: Listed as a whole (location Bank) or the specific location it was returned from.

No idea on if that is even possible or not.

5. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

You can also do this by just picking it up from the bank and dropping it straight back in the bank again which changes its location without moving it - i do this by selecting all items in the bank, and just doing a very short drag and drop from the bank to the bank which moves all items to your current loc and just takes a few clicks - also solves the stacking issue when dropping stuff in if you do this first

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I personally feel that location should be completely removed from the bank. It's a holdover from when all banks were unique and it serves no purpose now.