Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Banks: overwrite deposit location

Discussion in 'Release 70 Feedback' started by Gussak, Oct 22, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should always overwrite the deposit location?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussak

Gussak Avatar

Is there some way to drag/drop from inventory to bank always overwriting the deposit location?
    Apparently it prevents stacking items.
    Spending a lot time checking lists for un-stacked items, and stacking manually, is time wasting and not fun.
    If we could always stack and overwrite, like in "Last deposit location" would be great.

ps.: is there any good reason to know the deposit location? like items inaccessible if the location could one day be inaccessible?

Bedawyn likes this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Deposit location can have useful applications depending on what you're doing. For example, I sent property X back to the bank, and I want to grab everything it sent into the bank (I can sort this out via deposit location, assuming nothing else for that location exists). I've also used it when gathering stuff in a given scene by dropping it in the closest POT, and then later sorting by location to get the items I deposited there back out of my bank and sorted out. So for me at least, it has its uses.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Oh, another use case is with agriculture... I'll keep the water for my lots in the bank, with an exact count of how much I'll need for a given area broken out by deposit location. In this case, the fact they are not automatically being combined into a single stack is incredibly useful to me.

Elwyn, Gussak and Jaesun like this.
  4. Gussak

Gussak Avatar

mmm... ok, so it is a feature under specific conditions.

I wonder if they could implement some way to drop items and automatically stack them, but that would be active only if ex. we drop it while holding the "Control" key, or something like that.

I would like to reinforce the time wasted when we want to keep the bank organized in a way that everything is stacked.
    May be, someday it will be useful to me too the way it is to you, but currently it is just annoying :(

5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

If I need to stack stuff together, I just pick up the items and drop them (don't even need to put them in my bags). This gives everything the same location.

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Gussak

Gussak Avatar

yes I used to do it too, that is annoying to me, because I am forced to pick everything and read and waste time scrolling to keep some things only on my inventory... I cant spend so much time on inventory, I came to have fun mostly fighting but I am forced to spend a lot of time browsing the inventory :(. I think inventories on all games are the breaking part, the bottle neck of fun. We need faster ways to deal with inventory to spend more time having fun fighting and exploring! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.