Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Banning someone from my house/lot

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by juko, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juko

juko Avatar

This simply is broken when i ban someone from my lot it does not kick them or restrict them from my lot all it does is block them from moving through door way this also does not prevent them from logging off and logging in just to harass

2. lollie

lollie Avatar

Put something up like a wardrobe in doorway so only way they can now leave is by logging out to overworld map.

They won't be able to get back into your house (unless they use the exploit to do it).

Only time you have to see them is if you're both on MPO mode, and make sure they're in your ignore list so you won't see them in FPO mode.

3. juko

juko Avatar

unless if they are there just to harass you then it doesn't prevent anything the ban button should at least remove someone from the lot to prevent them from getting back onto the lot

4. juko

juko Avatar

heck you can still get onto someone's lot just by jumping over a fence or wall

5. lollie

lollie Avatar

I agree, but so much of the game is in bandaid mode or straight up broken. I would report this more formally as a bug (use bug reporting format - repro rate etc, edit your post) and hope they fix it some day...in meantime do as above.

The addon store fences can't be jumped over unless there's something like a table nearby to bounce off...so long as you have them banned from lot they won't be able to open gate.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  6. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Just as an FYI you can block players totally also. Through the social list.
    The game will block any communication from that player, and, when possible, place you in different instances.

lollie likes this.
  7. Selene

Selene Avatar

Originally, making a lot private created invisible walls around the entire property even if there weren't fences. At that time, people complained that it was breaking immersion to suddenly slam into an invisible wall. It was changed so that private meant locked doors and gates. I think the ban system works on the same mechanics. So, if you surround your property with a fence and gate, someone banned from your lot should not be able to enter.

As Oba mentioned, blocking a player does help with removing their influence as well and make it less likely you will encounter them. If the player is threatening you or using abusive or discriminatory language you also have recourse to report them with the "/reportplayer" feature.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  8. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

If things are really bad, I would check the games harassment policy and if it applies,report them. Life is too short to let your game play be disrupted by someone who is being a jerk. It isn't some PVP situation, none of the PVP general rules apply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.