Basement and Dungeon Entrances

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Jun 13, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

After settling down to some lots and placing a house I got to the point to consider basements and dungeons a few days ago.

My village lot now has the 5 story village mine basement with the Mine Basement Entrance (Pattern over Hatch Basement Entrance).

Problem 1:
    The hatch basement entrance could be placed in the house - but after patterning it, the Mine Basement Entrance could not longer be placed in the house and the game would only allow it outside.

I patterned myself 2 dungeon entrances, a Magic Mirror and an Ancient Tome which look both great.
    So, while I know that we can have only 1 dungeon and 1 basement on each lot, I thought the ancient tome would look good in the library even without being connected to a dungeon and placed it there.

Problem2: After placing the Ancient tome dungeon entrance the game did not allow me to place the Magic Mirror. Only after moving the Ancinent Tome DE back to the inventory could I place the Magic Mirror Dungeon Entrance.

I fully understand that I can have only ONE Dungeon - but just as deco is not permitted either? If so I´ll move one of both to the other lot, however both would fit best to my Wizard... :D

Or could I pattern one of the two over a basement entrance for my Wizard´s lot?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think what you are asking (?) is: Can you make the dungeon entrance objects have a similar looking decoration object for each one that can be placed both externally and internally on a lot?

A lot can only have 1 dungeon entrance object placed. But if there was several different decoration items that look exactly like each dungeon entrance objects, you could then add them as decoration.

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Well, it could be several solutions.
    e.g. deco items that look like the Ancient Tome Dungeon Entrance or Magic Mirror DE but are not actually DE
    or that one could place any number of Dungeon Entrances - but that all in a lot connect to the very same dungeon (only ONE dungeon on a lot)
    or that one could designate one, e.g. the Ancient Tome DE to be THE Dungeon Entrance, while the Magic Mirror DE while being place is not connected to the dungeon but just deco (so not a pure deco item, but a potential DE that can be placed as deco if another DE already takes the place of being the DE).