Basements question....

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by RTM, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTM

RTM Avatar

I looked for this answer in the forums but all I could find was someone asking the same question so forgive me if it has been answered in the past.

Let's say I pledge a knight level pledge and my house comes with 2 level stone basement. I go to the addon store and buy a 5 level stone and timber basement. Can I join the two basements together and have 7 levels of basements or will I just be able to use one at a time?

Another question....

I personally think the stone basement is much nicer than the stone and timber basements.... will we be able to add on more stone levels to the 2 level stone basement that comes with, let's say, the Knight pledge?

Thank you!

2. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

The FAQ says basement levels are limited to 4 stories, so either it is out of date or the add-ons are special. However, I am pretty sure if you buy the 5 story basement you will only get 5 floors, and would not be what you get for free + what you purchased.

3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

At this time you can only have one or the other. You cannot join basements. There is a chance we can specify designs for individual floors later, but it will not be in for Episode I.

4. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

I believe you are limited to five basement levels. The basement levels offered in the add-on store can be swapped out with the free levels you would receive as part of your pledge (i.e., you would cycle through them just like you would with your available house types). LoneStranger is correct. You can not add them onto your existing basement.

Jambo and NirAntae like this.
  5. RTM

RTM Avatar

Thank You for clearing that up!

6. Deorc Dragon

Deorc Dragon Avatar

I wanted to asked the same questions as Talton did. Thank you LoneStranger and nightshadow for your clarifications. It's a pity that you cannot combin the pledge bonus Stone basements with the Add-On Store's Stone & Timber Split-Level Basements.

I suppose I would have to give up my bonus "All-Stone" basements if I want four to five stories beneath my house... o_O

Can someone please explain what the main differences are between the "Stone basements" and the "Stone & Timber Split-Level Basements"?

It would be nice if you can also put these answers in the FAQ, especially for the fact that you would not be able to combine different basement types. I think many people are as confused as I was.

Thank you!

7. stile

stile Avatar

I could be wrong but i think the only real difference is the texture and maybe the layout. They are the size of the lot as I understand it, so space/storage should be about the same for all of them when comparing apples to aplles (village to vilalge, etc). But if you like the look of stone, or the layout better.. or if you feel it fits your hosue better, etc.. you might want stone over wood.

For instance the Druid tree house, youd probally want to go wood.

A Tower, probally stone.

But just my impressions, not really 100% sure or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.