Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Battle Banner - cannot be kept in Chaos mode

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

9/8/2017 9:53 PM
    Title: Battle Banner - cannot be kept in Chaos mode
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No

Details:
    - When I place the battle banner and switch it to Chaos, it will not remain in Chaos mode.
    - It takes a while, but if I leave the scene and then come back it has switched back to Lord British mode. (I think it's a Royal plot against Chaos....)

[​IMG]

Steps to Reproduce:
    - Place a battle banner
    - Turn it to Chaos
    - Leave the scene or log out and log in on another character - and it will have switched back to Lord British mode.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16298
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 2016
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.659.Date.09.05.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Falling Waters Fortress
    Area Display Name: Falling Waters Fortress
    Loc: (-447.0, 92.3, -185.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxGYWxsaW5nIFdhdGVycyBGb3J0cmVzc3woLTQ0Ni45OTUsIDkyLjI4OCwgLTE4NS44NTIpfCgwLCAtMC45OTEsIDAsIDAuMTM0KXw2MzAuNTM0NnwyNy42MjYyM3w4LjYyNjcxNw==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no tech to support, i think. everything currently reverts to its default state in a new instance. shutters, lights, doors, all the smashed boxes and murdered sheep in owl's head...

but given that this is a chaos banner i can think of a possible workaround, maybe, depending on how they did the random rotation of plants. if that rotation is determined on scene load (not determined once and stored with the plant's container), then MAYBE it wouldn't be much of a stretch to make the battle banners pick a random state on scene load. that still wouldn't set it permanently to chaos, but it'd give equal representation.

might also be able to work the tech as a resource spawn, that would make the time it changes random but would only work in one direction, since i haven't noticed tech to have it a: revert to the other state by DEspawning or b: having the node store two possible spawn states that overwrite eachother. that tech would work to make bustable walls/floors randomly fix themselves, too, which would be neat.

3. Raven Swiftbow

@Alley Oop - they thought they had fixed this one. I had been hesitant to report because I did not know they thought they had fixed it - I figured they just hadn't gotten to it yet. But @Lexie asked me to test it and re-report it if it was still broken, which, alas, it is. The whole intent of this banner is that it should stay in whatever state you place it in until someone (who has permission to do so) physically changes it.

As it is, you couldn't even use this for a pvp battle scenario because if the fight went on long enough, it would revert to LB, lol. Kinda stacking the deck, which our virtuous Lord British would *never* do.....

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

then i think i misunderstand: resetting after a certain amount of time is not the same as resetting upon creation of a new instance. it resets even when people stay in the scene? if not, then i think this answers

5. Raven Swiftbow

@Alley Oop You could be correct. But there were some questions about it because many people want to use these as deco items set to Chaos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.