Bear sightings ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Aug 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Even without UT, getting sufficient xp to level one of the cheapest skills to 79 can probably be done by the time you clear the outskirts. Especially with double xp on all those quests along the way. This costs <200k to do. Obviously most people wouldn't rush out and do this first, they'd level other stuff, but say, a week of gameplay even at casual levels it could be done. With summoning the bigger issue is the re-cast cooldown.

Witcheypoo, FrostII and Mac2 like this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I think blood river outskirts was 180k quest exp at the 2x( now normal rate) .

3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Hey Tamers...

The Team put out a HUGE release on Thursday & then spent Friday doing the obligatory fixes & now it's the weekend & they are having a well-earned rest.
    When most people clock off from their last shift for the week (whichever day that is) the last thing we want to do is think about work.

You have all run around in circles scouring the countryside...
    & one great thing that has come out of it, is that you have all come here to report your findings (or in this case... lack there-of)

I am sure that some of the pesky bears will be on whistles within the week.
    & within a month there will be 100 of them confined to a whistle.
    Take a deep breath for now & be patient for more news...

Mishras, Gaelis, Witcheypoo and 9 others like this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Hehe sweet, ill rest easy now!

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Thanks Synergy. Very well said. A nice respite from the voice in the back of my head saying BEAR! BEAR! BEAR! BEAR!.

6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

We know the devs work hard, I don't think anyone has an issue with them taking the weekend off. However if they say something is in game and we put in non stop effort to find the thing, it sucks that we have just wasted OUR weekend doing something completely unproductive when we too could have been enjoying our weekend. It's not that the bears aren't in game...it's that we were told they ARE in game when they seemingly are not in game. The devs should never be comfortable wasting OUR time without first doing everything to ensure new systems/spawns/skills etc are in good working order before the weekend. Moving new releases to a Monday might be a good start?

Also many of us spent the better part of a week on QA trying to find and test these bears and it seems it was all a waste of time. So yeah, I'm pissed that the devs have wasted so much of my time. Time is both finite and valuable...the devs need to better value our time! Simply communicating more openly would go a long way towards that goal.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I will be the first. I have a plan

Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  8. Boradic Boneslasher

Boradic Boneslasher Avatar

I have a plan as well, I was so disappointed I bought a different game an have been playing it...…. Not to mention been awhile since I tested any on Legends of Aria, I might as well go there as well an test some lol.... Plus now I got some free time so I can add a hour to my gym work outs lol.... Thanks Port

Titania Xylia likes this.
  9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If they ARE actually in game currently, this is honestly fascinating. In that no one has found one yet.

Kinda like that hidden message/letters no one has figured out yet.

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Themo lock was told what that note says before he left, and i told him not to tell me :D

CatherineRose and Jaesun like this.
  11. Floors

Floors Avatar

Dude, really. You're posting this in multiple threads. Come on man, just take a break if you're sick of sota, nobody enjoys reading that.

We get it, sometimes sota gets boring and frustrating, we all know. No need to twist the knife :)

12. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

I get that it's "fun" to play hide and seek. After a certain point it's no longer fun and people just quit playing the game. It's bad enough the Wyvern we have been promised for two releases is delayed again. Now hiding a new tamable to this extent is bordering on not fun but rather contemptuous.

When the game population increases to the point we have a sustainable game perhaps content that will push people away will be more acceptable. Current state of the game dictates Developers better be throwing us piles of candy because supporters of this game will soon be in shorter supply than the new Obsidian Destroyer.

On a positive note, Steam Charts is at least stable, for now.

https://steamcharts.com/app/326160

Now back to searching.

13. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Sure, Hide and Seek is fun. But if your friend who was meant to be hiding instead just went inside his house, leaving you to comb the neighbouhood for hours for something that wasn't there,, you'd not be thrilled about it. ;) The longer this drags on the more and more that seems to be the case here. =/

14. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm starting to wonder if they are a wave spawn, triggered like the Lich's in the skelly overworld encounters. For example, one pops after 100 Obsidian Bears are killed in some location or other. I have absolutely no evidence to support this, its pure speculation, but I can't see why the Devs are so silent on the matter and adamant there isn't a spawn bug unless we are missing something...

Gaelis likes this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Been stable the entire time. It was dipping because it was the hot days of summer in the us, with short shorts, dudes with hairy chests bared in the summer sun, and teenage hormones raging. (or something - I know Sota's playerbase is all aging 40 year old nerds)

So... NOBODY has found an Obsidian Destroyer yet ? I guess that means that at least everyone isn't running around with it yet. I did see some Ferocious Patriarch Bear pets.

None of them have been a match form my trusty 2H Darkstar Sword of Obsidian Bear Slaying +14 yet tho :)

Gaelis and Witcheypoo like this.
  16. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Nope sorry, I have been looking around for you guys. But did not find any...

Jaesun and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  17. Floors

Floors Avatar

Darkstarr said they were in the Hidden Vale, but I never really go over there....

18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

They probably pulled some metrics and found a place that no one ever goes, but did have bears in it previously....

Gaelis likes this.
  19. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

West Ravenwood cave scene?

Titania Xylia and Jaesun like this.
  20. gracy

gracy Avatar

Sara, that is not a swamp, the Darkstar Hint said to look for a "a certain swamp in Hidden Vale where high level bears were known to spawn previously".
    The only place that comes to my mind looking at that hint is Ruined Keep, but:
    - I've tried to look for them there in almost any place, looking for hidden places or something like that (there is a playable zone accessible only jumping upon the rocks close to the lake, but also there nothing)
    - I tried also to kill Large Obsidian Bears and ferocious for hours ... nothng

Maybe a hidden passage inside the keep, but even played many times that place I don't remember to have seen any secret passage inside the keep

Boradic Boneslasher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.