Beneficts of upgrading to citizen? (storagewise)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by antero90, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antero90

antero90 Avatar

Nice topic for a first post... but here it goes.

I have already pledged to Sota, but I am currently investigating if it's worth the money going for citizen. The city lots are out of reach for me and I really don't care if I have to settle in a village and probably pick up a fork and defend it. I have already looked at the map of Novia and picked up a couple places.

My concern is about storage. As a player I tend to hold on to certain items and in may cases I found myself running out of space because there is this or that item that I really wanted to keep and things tend to pile up over time. The primary use of the house for me would be store items, be it gear that I do not use anymore but want to keep for personal reasons or materials for crafting but I found little information on that subject other that "storage will increase dramatically". Will storage in smaller houses still be worth the effort? I write this because I see a lot of people going for the bigger houses.

Any enlighment would be apreciated.

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I would compare it to real life. You can live on the street with a shopping cart full of stuff or you can have a house that could store multiple shopping carts full of stuff. Even the smallest of homes in game should be able to hold enough items to make the transition well worth it. Depending on your level of "packratness" you may need to eventually get a bigger home.

3. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Hi Antero, welcome aboard. :)

We don't have any information yet about the storage capacities for the various houses or lot sizes unfortunately, so no one can answer your question. You can put a few rather nice size houses on Village lots, though, so if storage capacity is based on house size, there should be some room for improvement within the Village tier even. This is just speculation, mind. Weight and item quantity restrictions are not yet being incorporated into the pre-alpha builds, even for personal inventory.

Time Lord, NRaas and Lord Baldrith like this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Unfortunately, what you noted is essentially all we know at the moment: There have been no specifics on storage restrictions beyond "Bigger lots have higher limits".

Once the limits are in place in the game, then it should be easier to gauge.

Most likely you have plenty of time to decide between when that functionality is implemented, and when pledges close. So if you are overly concerned, I would suggest just waiting. :)

5. Curt

Curt Avatar

First will likely be some kind of bank you can store some items in.

When you enter a city so will the game send a lot of information to you, including all? the items that is in various players houses (i think i heard in a discussion recently) so unless they limit it.
    Some people's house would look more like a garbage lot.

Basement's seems to me be where most stuff should be stored. Personally i buyed a 5 story basement from the addon store.

6. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Don't forget we can have basements ..... and They are instanced so That should increase the amount of things you can store ..... the Problem in UO was All items would be loaded in the area even if they had gotten put into Boxes,Vaults, or crates. The first year of UO was Brutal @ banks that had unlimited space. I'm sure they will limit the houses but I would be willing to bet they will still hold a generous amount of items .

Time Lord and licemeat like this.
  8. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

If the five-story basements increase storage proportionately, I can't imagine needing anything more than a village lot + addon basement to get all the storage you're likely to ever need. Still, that's all speculation. If that's why the OP is thinking about buying, I'd definitely wait until we can see for sure how it works.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

NOW! We are trying to sell you more stuff Muahahahaaaa!!!!

[​IMG]

10. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

The 5-storey basement is pretty generous in size. That, with a modest house to attach it to, should be all you need.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. tamino

tamino Avatar

The combination of not knowing what we'll get out of this + quite large sums of money is unsettling.

12. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Welcome!

They will add some new pledge level the day 6th of june. Maybe you can check then is they have something new for you (we all).

Kaisa, Cabrens and NRaas like this.
  13. Cabrens

Cabrens Avatar

I was about to do the same warning as Eriador...You should definitly wait for the "next revolution" before taking an "investment" decision. Up to now, those who have shown patience , holding the Horses of Enthusiasm, have always been rewarded...I guess patience is regarded as a Virtue ;)

In marketing terms, the conqueered lover is never as desirable as the one who resisted.

[​IMG]

14. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Getting a basement is huge for storage.

That being said, there is a planned upcoming announcement with changes to pledge rewards and new pledge tiers on Friday.

Kaisa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.