Best repository for known lore

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by enderandrew, Feb 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Where is the best place I can read up on everything that has been established lore wise on New Britania?

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

sotawiki.net seems to be pushing to be a central repository in that regards.

I'm not sure whether it is the *best* regarding lore, there may be another more obscure site with more information, however, being obscure means I would not know of it.

Let's see what everyone else has to say. :)

3. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

There's not much yet that's been established, so there's still a lot of questions and speculation for now.

The "Blade of the Avatar" novella is intended as a prequel look into New Britannia, so I'd probably start there. The general gist is that this -IS- Britannia, but a terrible cataclysmic event (Armageddon spell? ;) has effectively destroyed the known world, and it is the survivors who know roam its Fallen ruins. The original Virtues (and essentially the Shrines, monuments, castles, etc) have been forgotten and lost, and it is we as the new "travelers" to this world that seeks to either redirect or rebury them.

It becomes more confusing right now because RG cannot use certain aspects and copyrighted materials from the Ultima IP, due to their agreement with EA. So, while it still shares a lot of similar elements to Ultima games, SotA is a "spiritual" successor as opposed to an actual direct sequel. Wizard did it, yo. :D

4. smack

smack Avatar

Aside from the Blade of the Avatar novel, here are some important links:

Virtues Hangout of the Avatar - video here, transcript here
    Shroud of the Avatar Story Hour with Richard and Tracy - video here, transcript here
    Shroud of the Avatar Dev Chat with Richard and Tracy - video here, transcript here
    Story Sneak Peaks all in one post

And I would also look at the art in the game. If you can't watch all the Pen of the Avatar videos, at least look at the Founders Art Gallery thread here.

5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Fantastic! I've been busy as of late, but I wanted to read up on all of this before I try to whip up my entries for the Valentine's Day contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.