Best summon elmental

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raxhelm, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of each summon elemental?

I currently can only summon an air elemental. I have heard that water elemental can heal. Maybe they are more useful in practice? Is this balanced very well?

So far as far as I can tell the game is dominated by fire and undead so it seems to me spells against fire and undead have an advantage. I assume creatures that use fire are more resistant to fire so a fire elemental is maybe less useful?

I'm burning through about 1000 GP/hour in reagents being a fire, earth, air multi-mage and I never have any money to buy anything else.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    mass, Net, Audacity and 1 other person like this.
  2. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Oh! Can I tag on a question to your post?

If so. does the water elemental heal others in your party or just you?

If not, please ignore the above question. /smile

3. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

I have no idea. I don't do water magic yet.

4. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

So, I (currently) only have the air elemental myself, but I did have several of them just before the final wipe (and they haven't changed anything "yet" with them). The fire and air elemental are pretty much ranged DPS, and have the same HP. The water does heal, and as far as healing others, I actually haven't tested that out myself, so I'm not sure @Audacity. The ice elemental has more HP and can obviously last longer because of that. Same with the earth elemental (which is what I'm working on now). I'm actually working toward water, ice & earth elementals (I like to be well rounded). Oh, and the undead summons hit harder, but in exchange, they also decay, which is the trade off really for that one, meaning you have to burn more regs on them than the other pets. Really though, it's good to have several summons (in my opinion) to use against different mobs (resistances and such; you don't use fire/fire ele against Xavara...just saying).

Audacity likes this.
  5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I have a fire and air elemental. I think they are similar in power. The fire elemental is also a light source.

EtherBunny, Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  6. Vestal Alacrast

Vestal Alacrast Avatar

Water elemental does heal others along with doing some minimal DPS. Don't expect it to heal HUGE, but it does heal a decent amount. Right now at 51 in Summon Water Ele spell I would say my ele heals about 20-25 per heal. He heals every 8-10 seconds I think depending on the situation. I haven't really checked.

I think Elemental pets have not yet really been balanced in regards to using the Focus to cast their abilities(My water ele is always at 100% focus), and I am assuming this will come in later in future updates were you can better customize skill priority for them and thus maybe require your water pet to heal more than DPS or vice versa.

7. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

The water elemental will heal you and others if your health is under around 75 percent. The water elemental does do pretty low damage though, and moves around a lot. I also wouldn't try to rely on its heals since they are used sparingly. He has 234 health and that never seems to improve as you level him. His heals and damage do go up slightly as you gain ranks, but even around rank 70 he often hits for less than 10, and heals in the 10-25 range.

8. Net

Net Avatar

Do heals / damage elementals do get better with higher level summon spell? Or is it based only on attunement (which goes up as you use summons or other skills in the tree)?

9. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Thanks for the great post and all the wonderful replies.

I am primarily running as a healer for groups. I am thinking the Lich might be best for me since he will not draw from my focus pool, but the water elemental heals sounds interesting too.

Raxhelm likes this.
  10. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

What is DPS?

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Damage per Second

Raxhelm likes this.
  12. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Water elem heals arent that great and i think its a waste of points to get at this point.

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Earth immune to earth but cant damage earth
    Air Immune to air but cant damager air
    Fire immune to fire but cant damage fire . . . . .

Oh and they hit hard against opposite magic but also get hit harder ????

14. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

As far as I know elementals don't become stronger even if u level them :/

I use a Daemon but used to have a water ele imo water ele has helped me the most since daemon is also rather weak like the rest of the summons

As for the balance part no it hasn't been balanced go look at taming

15. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Unless you stand in front of Xavar that is.

Fire Elemental : Fire damage, basicaly the damage dealer.
    Water : Heal based on waterspells, basically the healer.
    Ice : Tough and resistant, basically the tank and aggro taker.

Thats the ones I know.

And there is Death: the Skeleton or the Wraith you can call, that is suffering damage every second but gets better when you level your death Magic.

And there is Chaos: the Daemon...that simply attacks everything including you unless you have the highest spells to control it.

--

Up to my knowlege...you need them for different situations. If you go into dungeons...fire is pretty good as lightsource and damage dealer.

Audacity likes this.
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Don't forget, all summons take from your Focus pool! I like the Death summons, as they do not have this focus drain, but they do expire on their own, and their increased power with the innates in the Death tree make them stronger than the other summons.. if that is what you are looking for.

The will-o-wisp is really cool, its focus drain is super low, and it casts random effects on your opponent, like confusion! hehe :D

Taming, of course, is much stronger than all these magic summons.. balance is eagerly awaited.

Raxhelm likes this.
  17. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

@Julian Baskerville With the skeleton also, you can combine it with the Int buff from Sun and it makes a skeleton mage. Earth is about the same as Ice. Phoenix, I'm not sure of as I haven't gotten that pet yet, or in any previous release. Also, to everyone else, apparently a balance or update to the elementals is coming after they change the taming tree for R33. So don't count out your elementals yet, unless the change they are planning is crap, then do what everyone else is doing, and just use a Ferocious anything.

Fister Magee likes this.
  18. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I've heard of the wisp doing debuffs, have you tried it out yet or seen anyone using it? How good it it? I thought about using it, but haven't worked up that tree at all.

19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

All this and you got a lot of opinions, each has their own attributes and they are aligned with the tree they come from, one is not actually any better than another.

Each has it own plusses and minuses. Figure out what you want to do and align your choices that way.

In the end you can get them ALL ad use the one that suits you at that time :)

EtherBunny and Fister Magee like this.
  20. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I tried it last release, not sure if I'll unlock it soon this time.. but I am sure EVENTUALLY, I will :D

It is rather weak (and it does not cause damage to opponents), but yes, if I remember correctly, it does 2 or 3 things, two for sure. One is it casts confusion, the second is that is casts a -1 damage resist effect on the opponent.. both these effects last one second I believe, and the wisp randomly chooses one every few seconds.. the more that I explain about it, the more I want it back! But I can't say it was very helpful in PVE.. and I didn't really test PVP.. it could be amusing there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.