Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Betty quest - request. Spoiler info possible

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Sean Silverfoot, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

@Puuk k, I reposted this here per @Sannio . Any thoughts, I think little things like this mean a lot.

IMHO

Thanks for considering.

2. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

I agree, but the big problem with doing this now is that there are already a lot of people who have already completed this quest and received the trophy. Putting in more flags to check and conversation lines to make sure everyone gets the newer version that simply has a name change opens up the potential for a lot of bugs and gnashing of teeth. It's an ROI situation (Return On Investment). Is it worth my time to create this new object with another that just has a different name, and deal with everything that goes with it (see previous sentence), instead of working on new content or polishing? From a practical standpoint, I would have to say no.

Like I said, I do agree the name change would make it a bit more special, but it's currently not worth the time investment to do it. It is something I can get back to and expand at a future time, though. Maybe I could add to the quest that it wasn't the actual alpha wolf that the player killed and make the player go out and find the "actual" alpha wolf. Something really big & nasty.

3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Totally get it! Thanks for the information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.